Up time, Awake time, and sleepSupport

Last Updated:

1. CaveRacing

CaveRacing Member This Topic's Starter

New to the DINC and trying to understand a few things.

When you press the button on the top of the phone, does it immediately go into Sleep Mode? My screen is set to time out after 30 second. When it does, is that Sleep Mode?

I ask this because when I press the button to bring the phone back up, I can check the Up Time and Awake Time and it doesn't appear to have been asleep. For example: I just pressed the button after the screen timed out. The Up Time is 6:28:14 and the Awake Time is 2:37:12.

I am guess that Up Time is from the last time the phone was OFF and then powered by ON. Awake time appears to be how long it has been awake from SLEEP. I just don't understand when it actually goes to sleep.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Yes once the screen is off, either by time out or by pressing power button it is sleeping (unless of coarse there is an app or or something else causing your phone not to sleep in which case your Up time and Awake time would be identical).

Now, Up time is how long your phone has been Powered on for.

Awake time, is how long your phone has physically been on. meaning the screen is on.

3. jayhawkfan18

jayhawkfan18 Well-Known Member

Today my up time and awake time have been the same since I turned the device on over a hour ago... what could be causing this? There don't seem to be any running services that aren't normally always on... I recently updated PingChat, could that be the culprit? It's eating my battery like crazy.