Up Time, Awake Time and time since last chargeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. alhenderson

alhenderson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Morning All,

I discovered the battery status information from the settings menu yesterday and was wondering if someone could clarify Up Time and Awake Time for me? Currently my uptime is 131 hours, and awake time something like 29. Am I right in thinking that these are the numbers since I got the phone (or put the battery in, I guess). This would seem to indicate that when I turn the phone off at night I'm not really turning it off - is that the case?

I'd like to know the time that the phone has been on since last charge as then I'd get a good idea of how long I'm getting from a charge - I can't see this anywhere, can anyone recommend and app/widget for it?

Cheers,
    Al.

Advertisement
  2. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

Up time is total time the phone has been turned on, since you got it (presumably 131 hours ago)

Awake time is how long the phone has been turned on since you last turned it on (presumably, you restarted the phone 29 hours ago)

3. alhenderson

alhenderson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I turned my phone on and off about two hours ago (pressed the button on the top, and then chose 'Power Off' from the menu), yet Awake Time says 29:35:43, so its not the time since I last turned the phone on..

I can understand up time of 131 hours being the time since I got the phone (which was a week past Friday), and 29 hours could conceivably be the amount of time that it has not been hibernating since then. I do power my phone off every night so these numbers clearly don't get reset when I power down - unless what I'm actually doing is some sort of hibernation?

Al.

4. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member

Do these reading vary by phone model?

My up time and awake time reset to zero when i just powered off and back on. now they read the same. not very useful that i can tell.

what about time since last charge?

5. Pothers

Pothers Well-Known Member

To find out how long since it came of charge

Menu, settings, about phone, battery, battery use.

At the top is the time since unplugged. Mine is currently 2days 11hrs 51mins 53secs and I have 11% battery left.

mmiller2002 likes this.
  6. WigglesGRN

WigglesGRN Well-Known Member

the DHD has a "hibernation" as you said when you choose the "shut down" option what it does is suspends the phone and all apps and powers it down just like a laptop would so that when you turn it back on it is there instantly.

up time is how long since a reboot or the bat was taken out and awake time is how long the screen and phone have been used in total

h2h

Pothers likes this.
  7. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member

Thanks. my HTC Aria does not have the time since unplugged. Must vary by phone model. i thought it may be an Android OS feature.