Up Time vs Awake Time (New Leak 2.1)General

Last Updated:

1. schmiffly

schmiffly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed that on the new leak 2.1 that my Awake Time is almost identical to my Up Time... Its a couple of hours off but i really dont have many apps running...

Weatherbug Elite (Updating every hour)
    Gmail
    Mail (Exchange - as email arrives)

But the phone was pretty much on the charger from 10pm to 6am so not sure what is causing it to be awake.. so out of the 19 hours Up Time - 8 of them I was sleeping.... ZZZZZZZZZZ :D

Is Weatherbug the problem?

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

Idk about the weather bug bc I use the stock HTC weather app. If you click on battery usage it will show what is using the battery, also if you click on the app that is using battery power it will show the amount of usage.

3. schmiffly

Cant really tell becasue the way this utility posts activity it changes it as you plug in or unplug your device.. so as it was plugged in it said that 51% was the phone which didnt make sense because it was only 2 minutes and 49 seconds... now uplugegd it says 49% is the Androidn System..

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

From what I can see, if you leave your phone on while you charge, it counts that towards your awake time.

5. schmiffly

Alright... Appreciate the input... I will track this and see what it does!

6. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Is it just me or did I miss a setting but I dont get the % of uptime/awake time since upgrading. Only the amount of time. I went from 1.5 to New 2.1 Leak Root

7. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Correct, it doesn't report the % anymore. Have to estimate instead.

8. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Why would they go off and do a thing like that? Dummy's :p

9. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

First off, how did you get weatherbug elite? i couldn't find that in the Market (paid for it back with 1.5).

I don't think that weatherbug is the problem and, in fact, there may not be a problem. I agree with the poster who said that it most likely stays awake when plugged in. I had this same issue with the first 2.1 leak but found no adverse battery loss. Spare parts can give you info since last reboot as well as since last plugged in if you want a comparison.

10. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

i had the same problem, i didn't do much to fix it, just took out the battery waited and it seems to work fine now

11. Jero

Jero Member

Im having the same issue but on my Hero... No matter what I do (or dont do) my awake time is the same as my up time. In my battery usage it shows the "Cellular Standby" as taking up nearly 55% of my battery. I cant seem to find anything to turn it off.

Before (with 1.5) as long as I hit the end call button it would go into sleep mode, now it doesnt sleep at all when I do it.