Up Time vs. Awake Time

Last Updated:

1. HatTrick327

HatTrick327 Well-Known Member

Hey all new to the forum. Had a quick question about battery usage.

My up time is significantly higher than my awake time (over 4x). I have read that this can be a huge issue with battery usage. Are there any ways to significantly reduce this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Up time is the time since last reboot. Awake time should be significantly lower...thats a GOOD thing!
    HatTrick327 likes this.
  3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

up time is how long the thing has been ON, it will always be higher, awake time is when your USING it.

if your up time is 4x your awake time that means your using it about 15 minutes of every hour... not too bad sir, not too bad
    HatTrick327 likes this.
  4. HatTrick327

HatTrick327 Well-Known Member

Oh well good, glad I had it backwards. It hard to use it that little but im really trying to get a good battery test on standby. Thanks for the help.
  5. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member

Actually its displaying since you last plugged in.
  6. ScorpDX

No, it's since you last booted the phone up.

Ex...I'm plugged up right now, so according to you it would be zero.

[​IMG]
  7. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

This morning my uptime and awake time were exactly the same ... I restarted and it was fine after that.

Right now my awake time is half of the up time. I'm thinking 50% isn't all that good b/c I was hardly on it today. Any thoughts?
  8. ScorpDX

Something probably running in the background. Get a task killer and see what apps are running. I've been noticing the Sprint bloatware likes to open itself up and run in the background several times a day!
  9. SeauxCrazy

Why do you need a task killer when you can manage and kill apps in the software provided with the phone?
  10. ScorpDX

Personal choice, both accomplish the same thing. If you know how to do it, then why ask the question to begin with?
  11. ayman86

ayman86 Well-Known Member

hmmmm

my stats
    71 uptime
    52 awake time.

its at least off for ~7hrs when i sleep. so thats 21hours when the display should be off which doesnt add up. and obviously i dont use it straight when im awake.
  12. ScorpDX

Pull up

Settings>About Phone>Battery>Battery Use

And see what's keeping it awake.
  13. ayman86

but thats only useful for the last time i charged my phone.
    but here it is nonetheless
    [​IMG]

im not gonna worry about it yet as i get decent battery life so far (10-12hrs; 50-100 texts, receiving ~75-125 emails, send about 5-10, casual browsing. though mostly on wifi. i had a vacation day today so ill know tomorrow how it will last on a work day on 3g).

seems like wifi keeps the device awake when i charge it overnight
  14. ScorpDX

I would definitely start by shutting off the wifi off when not in use at night, the camera too. I use my camera a lot and I've never seen it even at 1%. Are you leaving it open?
  15. SeauxCrazy

I didn't ask about task killers, I was asking if anyone could shed some light on the situation with personal experience. Maybe someone had the same issue that got resolved. That's all.

Calm down lol.
  16. ayman86

i occasionally close tasks with system panel (to which i occasionally monitor my cpu activity). i prefer not to close anything and let android do its thing.

im used to having my pre with bluetooth (only active when its in my car) and wifi (since its actually better than 3g when it comes to battery life) on all the time
  17. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

see how Android system and cell standby are so high? this is what needs optimizing in the Android OS.
  18. looneylu

looneylu Well-Known Member

your phone doesn't sleep while charging... This is exactly the same way it was on my hero...