• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upcoming Android phones?...

The battery life on that would be ridiculous, unless they've revolutionized lithium ion batteries while I wasn't looking.
From what I understand, the new chipsets are supposed to have lower power consumption than the old, even with the increased clock speed. Therefore, we could feasibly see a 1.2-1.3ghz phone with better battery life than devices currently available. Clocking it to 1.5ghz or above would probably yield comparable battery life to current devices.Obviously only time will tell.

Upvote 0
The battery life on that would be ridiculous, unless they've revolutionized lithium ion batteries while I wasn't looking.
From what I understand, the new chipsets have lower power consumption than the current chipsets, not to mention the fact that the processor is nowhere near the power hog as the radios and screen.

The new chipsets clocked at 1.2-1.3ghz could yield better battery life than current devices, and clocked to 1.5ghz or above could yield the same as current devices.

Again though, the processor is hardly the power hog in smartphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones