Upcoming OTA question..

Last Updated:

1. mahsan88

mahsan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i was thinking about rooting my DInc since the first one never worked for me and the easier way is out.. i was wondering:
    When the upcoming OTA hits (the alleged FroYo one coming in a few weeks) will it easy to port that through to rooted phones since the phone has already been rooted, or will we have wait until someone is able to create an update that will keep root and be able to update? ( i am asking because i am afraid that Verizon and/or htc might make it hard again to achieve root with some software updates)

I am asking because if i will have to wait months for the new update to be rooted then i would rather not update and keep my root....

It is late at night and i am sleepy as hell, if this is confusing let me know and i will reiterate lol

Advertisement
  2. mahsan88

Bump.

3. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat but my phone is already rooted. Do I keep root and wait for the OTA to be converted to a root friendly form or just downgrade, get the OTA update from Verizon and try for root after that?

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

the OTA from verizon may patch the root method so it is always safer to wait till the is a root safe mthod

5. mahsan88

Ok, but how long can we expect to wait for the rooted 2.2?
    Will it be relatively quick since the phone has been rooted, or will we have to wait a while like we did for the first root?

Thanks for the reply

6. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

i hope it will be less than a month. haha