1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Update 4.0.4 pwns the home button

1. ocwo92

ocwo92 New Member

I'm using the Apex Launcher, and the "home" button on my HTC One X brings me to the home screen/screen selection as expected.

However, after upgrading my device to Android version 4.0.4, the home button switches to the built-in HTC Sense launcher (v. 4.1). Reinstalling the Apex Launcher didn't help.

How do I configure the Home button to use the Apex Launcher again?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Head to Settings -> Apps -> All -> HTC Sense -> Clear Defaults

Alternatively, via Apex Settings Advanced -> Set Default Launcher -> Apex.

Next time you press home, you should be given a choice of what launcher you want to use as your default :).
  3. ocwo92

ocwo92 New Member

Ah! I had missed the default launcher selection setting while browsing through the various options that might reset the home button to the desired (or undesired, if you're HTC Sense) function.