Last Updated: 2012-04-24 01:50:40
  1. tstarky

tstarky Active Member

Advertisement
  2. RawRmon

RawRmon Active Member

3. JohnnySLC

JohnnySLC New Member

So I went to the Device Settings page hoping that I could click the "Update Your Kindle" button. No dice. The button was still "fuzzed" out. So I followed the link and read the instructions. I downloaded the file and went to look for the right USB cable. When I got back, my Kindle was in the process of rebooting. It took a little longer than usual but when it came back up I had 6.2. I thought that was a little weird.

Anyway, no obvious differences yet. I still can't find a way to keep web pages off of the carousel, which was the one thing I was hoping for in an update.
  4. RawRmon

RawRmon Active Member

delete your browsing history. It's the only way to delete the recent webpages from your carousel, or install a different launcher!
  5. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

I hope it allows another keyboard. Alsobthe touch screen responsiveness. Many times the back and home button won't register
  6. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Install a diffrent web browser and they wont show up. I use Dolphin HD
  7. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

Yeah...
    I don't anyone seeing the last page I was looking at either.
    Ahem.... Twilight fan pages.
  8. brounmoney

brounmoney Well-Known Member

So I just updated to 6.2 and don't see to many changes, but one I hope is fix is how bad netflix was. I went right to netflix after i downloaded the update and it seemed to work a lot better. I will still have to use it more to see, but the update was suppose to make the fire more stable and process things faster. Also the main thing was to unroot the devices that had been rooted and take the android market away from the people that had downloaded. That is what the rumors were at least.
  9. llcooljayce

llcooljayce New Member

The update to 6.2 unroots your Kindle ... though you can re-root, it looks like Amazon might make it harder in the future ...

First post (posting restrictions) so URL to information is below.
  10. brounmoney

brounmoney Well-Known Member

has anyone see improvements other than it being more smooth and easy touch and react.
  11. tstarky

tstarky Active Member

Glad you could re-root. Is there a way to opt out of updates? I don't have a need to right now because I don't root but it would suck if you have been doing so all along and suddenly an update locks you out.
  12. theRamenNoodle

theRamenNoodle Well-Known Member

Most stock updates unroot a phone, don't they?

Has anyone listed exactly what is updated yet?
  13. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

so the only way to get the market is to root. I actually put it on via apk but asked for a google account. i clicked yes to add and nothing happened
  14. biker99b

biker99b Member

Anything from a web page, or the last one anyway, will show on the carosel. If you hold down a touch of the item on the carosel it should come up with a [Remove from device] option. I hope so. It doesn't always.