Update 6/28 No problems AT ALL.

Last Updated:

1. FreddyAmazin

FreddyAmazin Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does any one else have it with no problems?
    Just wondering since it's bricking every other evo.

Advertisement
  2. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

I'm all good...as far as I can tell. I've yet to see any bad effects, but haven't tried everything.

3. Minjin

Minjin Well-Known Member

The issues I see from reading the forums are:

1) Prevents current root methods if you haven't already done it (possibly permanently)
    2) Removes Android wallpapers
    3) ShootMe no longer works on unrooted phones

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Updated phone. Phone just feels better.

5. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member

I have had no problems at all, although I had to wait for the new damage control 3.2.2 to get it. Thanks treve.... have the update and still rooted

6. willyrick

willyrick New Member

Worked OK for me, had to wait quite a while for reboot to complete, almost panic pulled the battery a few times as it seemed to partially reboot and hang in a few places, had to stop myself ..... In the end it rebooted and everything was OK. I'm wondering if some of the bricks might be due to battery pulls ?

hardware v 002
    unrooted, not too many apps

7. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Been fine and runnin smooth all day. Hell been off the charger since 8 am and just waiting for the battery to discharge now. Still at 10%.

8. blitz118

blitz118 Well-Known Member

No problems here after the update. Everything seems to be working fine.

9. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

How about the FPS? Does it still stutter while scrolling through stuff? How about 3D stuff still running poorly?

10. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Updated my Friends EVO today as well as my own. Mine is a 003 and hers is a 002. Both updated flawlessly. No Problems at all. :)

11. gelatinguy

gelatinguy Member

Only problem is that now my battery drains incredibly fast. Had it unplugged on standby all night (I was sleeping) and it lost about 35% in 7 hours. Terrible considering I used to run the exact same set up and lose about 5% after 14 hours on standby (I did a standby test where I didn't use the phone all day).

Yes, I have 3G and wifi on all the time, but I think the update did something to increase wifi signals, and in doing so, is causing unnecessary radio usage. I used to get full wifi stength anyway so it was never an issue. Left wifi on all the time, battery didn't drain. I'll see how it goes tomorrow when I test it with wifi off all day.

On the plus side, at least my ungrounded screen was fixed. But I'd rather have grounding issues with amazing battery life than no grounding issues and horrible battery life.

12. mityman50

mityman50 Well-Known Member

Whoa, holy crap! I just came on here after a two day hiatus and apparently there's this evil update? I Googled around, discovered there was, and then that it's bricking phones if you update twice, and then that Sprint pulled it.

Am I missing anything else? Was this update automatic? Because I don't recall getting it...

13. quentin135

quentin135 Well-Known Member

Mine updated with no problems. Definitely had to wait it out for a couple minutes though while it went through the motions. I imagine at least a couple bricked phones were the result of impatience...Only things I had to do was remove then replace a couple widgets with broken icons and redo my gtalk settings.

At the least my ungrounded screen was fixed and the wifi performance has improved (at least at home and the office so far). It seems that my battery lasts about the same amount of time...although I run mine pretty efficiently so it already lasted well over 24 hours anyway.

14. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Updated 2 Evos today and both went through without a hitch. Both rebooted multiple times after the update was installed but finally finished.

WiFi signal is stronger now and the top 10% of my screen that wasn't grounded now works perfectly. Some others are complaining that it changed their notification settings, vibration and such. Mine are the same and working just like they did yesterday. My only issue was having to replace a couple widgets on my homescreens.

Launch Day version 002.

clwoodwork likes this.
  15. jkr4577

jkr4577 Well-Known Member

No problems here at all.. Whole upgrade took ~15 mins from start to finish. Noticed that the notification bar "pull down" seems snappier. Haptic feedback seems faster and firmer also. Broke some widgets. Simply had to remove from screen and re add them.
    Version 003.. had no grounding issues prior.

16. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

I thought I wasn't having any problems with the update. Phone seemed faster after the update, but now I notice while using the Nexus One LIve Wallpaper that the animation is jerky. Can anyone else check that wallpaper on there's? Anyway a new EVO was shipped to me a few hours ago from sprint.com. (If the update messed up this one, i'm finally getting another.)

17. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

No problems her.. the install did take about 10 minutes with a few reboots. I can't help but wonder, like some of the above, if some people were just impatient and thought they bricked their phones and pulled the battery and really bricked their phones. Anyway my phone seems faster and my battery life feels better. (Could be the placebo effect)

18. Neitherfanboy

Neitherfanboy Well-Known Member

Installed fine, but I forgot to bring a cable to charge up with, and by 3 I was below 20% battery (the update seemed to visible suck power). Will not know what the battery life is really like until tomorrow when I run it off a full charge.

19. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

am i the only one noticing drastically better battery life?

20. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

No problems with mine and the update. Already have great battery life so not sure if it got better. Other things are improved. Will miss being able to do screen shots though but oh well. It was an undocumented feature anyway.

21. chcougar1

chcougar1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I just noticed the ShootMe thing. Lame!

Mine also seems to be fine otherwise. I did have to re-add widgets and a couple of apps after the install but no huge deal.

Wifi strength is better and speed is blazing. Speed test showed 14 down and 4 up.

22. GODHOOD

GODHOOD Active Member

No problems here the update went fine. It's obvious to me some people screwed up their own phones by being inpatient during the reboot process.

23. tech411

tech411 Active Member

Mine went good. Battery seams to last longer.

24. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

My update went fine too. My battery life also seems better. Great phone!

25. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

Updated with no problems and in 9 1/2 hours since being unplugged, I dropped 12% overnight. Also, things seem to be faster too!!