• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update after manual 2.2 install?

bgrutter

Android Enthusiast
Apr 20, 2010
I promise i searched, but from my phone it's a bit limited.

I manually updated to 2.2 at the end of August. However, earlier this week, I got the following message from Verizon. Should I pursue it, or will it brick my phone?

If I don't do this, I'll likely hard reset my phone. I've been having a few hicups lately. Nothing to write home about, but still annoying. I've read that some suggest a hard reset after updating due to similar situations.

Thanks in advance for any help. Here's the text message from Verizon:
Free VZW Msg.Your Droid Incredible was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info: Droid 2.2 Update

I am not really sure what you are asking?

That is a text that seems to have gone out to everyone, basically saying "hey, we released this super cool update, here's where you can check it out". Too bad it's a week or two late, but hey, it's Verizon.

What is it that you are looking to "pursue"? You already have the 2.2 update, you don't need to download it again. That's just for anyone who got missed when they rolled it out.

Upvote 0
Alright, I wanted to make sure it wasn't a patch or something that was released to correct any bugs since the 2.2 release. I figured it was just my 'Official' notification, but with it being so late, I wanted to make sure.

Anyway, I didn't want to risk proceeding with DLing the update if there was a chance that trying to update an already updated phone might brick it. I know, I'm over-complicating it.

Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones