update and memory question

Last Updated:

1. lr1517

lr1517 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So where exactly the update is taking resources from? I mean is it gonna take ram memory or rom memory, a lot of people is running low on ram including myself without having anything fancy like games, you know what I mean

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but I think you're trying to understand how the 2.1 update is being stored on your phone. Updates and System files have their own set of memory, they don't use your App's Mem. So you won't notice any difference there.

3. lr1517

lr1517 Active Member This Topic's Starter

exactly that's what I'm asking, but somebody said in another post that the update is about 15 Mb if that is true what kind of memory is that and how you can check that

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It's not necessarily going to mean you have 15mb less space on the ROM (which is where the android OS is stored) because it will probably replace older versions of applications. It's a patch, not an entirely new operating system. The whole OS probably takes up more like around 100mb of space.

I'm not really sure what your concern is here.

5. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

i lost 1mb of ram, so you will loose only 1mb of your total available memory.