update available (May 7, 2013)General

1. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

Just saw this am that there was an icon in my notification bar for a software update from tmobile. Anyone know what this update is for? Had anyone else seen this? Just curious as sometimes these early updates have been known to cause functionality problems.

Advertisement
    :
    Atma likes this.
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Beginning May 7, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 will have a software update to Android version 4.2.2/Baseband version M919UVUAMDL via OTA and Samsung Kies. This update improves the Visual Voicemail app and includes ISIS app improvements.

You can update in two ways:

• Over the air (OTA) update to M919UVUAMDL: OTA push update is available as of 5/7/2013. Please wait for the notification to update. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.
    • Manual download to M919UVUAMDL: If you did not want to update via OTA, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See SAMSUNG KIES to confirm the version.
    T-Mobile Docs
    2badmice, R=G and josborne6 like this.
  3. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

I got the update this morning. It said it was for stability issues. I would caution everyone with this because my battery is draining way to fast now. It dropped 10% in just 5 minutes. Wasnt doing that before. I looked into some things and dont know why as nothing running is at a high %. So just a heads up that it might make yours drain faster.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

That happens with updates sometimes. It might take a day or two to settle in .. hopefully.
  5. R=G

R=G Well-Known Member

Just saw it a few hours ago and updated a few minutes ago..Ill be back in this thread if this battery draining thing actually occurs.
  6. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely think I'll wait on this one then. I'm currently getting about two days out of charge. Loving it after having a basically wired EVO 3D.
  7. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member

New update is available for S4 phones. 21.39mb in size. People are reporting massive speed improvements and that the lag is gone. I'm updating now. I'm on AT&T.
    worfwood, speedlever, Shocky and 5 others like this.
  8. HATCHPOWER

HATCHPOWER Well-Known Member

i can confirm this downloading now.
  9. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member

The lag is gone! I turned animations back on and no lag. I also seem to be using about 300mb less ram than before.
  10. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

And you guys have the AT&T Galaxy S4?
  11. 2badmice

2badmice Well-Known Member

US only?

Not had anything on my device, just tried a manual update and it informed me that I've made too many attempts, this is the first time :confused:
  12. cmhsam

cmhsam Member

seems to be working for me. thanks for the info
  13. trparky

You have to wait 24 hours to check for an update again on AT&T.
  14. waternut13134

waternut13134 Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the lag is gone even with animations turned back on. I am also seeing less memory used for RAM.
  15. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

What are these animations I keep seeing people mention?
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

charliehowes likes this.
  17. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

Must not be out for Sprint yet.
  18. DualMonitors

DualMonitors Member

I updated my firmware last night (TMobile) and today, i found that the auto-rotation no longer works!!

i.e. when you look at a landscape picture with the phone vertically oriented, it would be more desirable to rotate one's phone, and typically, the phone would autorotate the display.

i also checked the checkbox under Display in the phone's Settings menu, and, yes, Auto Rotate Display is checked.

any ideas to correct this please?

thanks.
  19. trparky

I forced the update on my phone. The AT&T Updating software kept telling me to wait 24 hours to check again for an update. So I bumped the date up by a day or so and checked again, sure enough the update checker checked for the update again and downloaded and installed it for me.

Seems to be acting better after the update. Less sluggish, less laggy, overall better performance.
    worfwood likes this.
  20. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

US only for now, but user comments looks promising so far. :D
    2badmice likes this.
  21. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Just snagged that 21.39mb update.

Edit: and yep... the video doesn't automagically auto-rotate now. But when I checked settings under display, auto-rotate was UNchecked. Now that it's checked again, auto-rotation for video functions normally.

After the update, I went back into the developer section and reset the animations options back to 1x from 0.

Perhaps DualMonitors should reboot his phone and check auto-rotation again?
  22. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

+1. I looked twice today, once just a minute ago. No updates available yet.
  23. worfwood

worfwood New Member

Good tip on the manual bumping of the date.
  24. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

There's nothing on Sprint. I feel kinda cheated.
  25. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

yep worked on at&t, havent noticed any of the little jumpiness when changing screens. i like the quick updates from samsung, another reason I stuck with them when choosing phones