1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

update available (May 7, 2013)General

1. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

2. tphillips84

tphillips84 Member

I tried and got same message.. said about trying later or updating via Samsung Kies
  3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

if you get that message, just go into your clock options and set the time to the 24 hours ahead and it will let you
    tphillips84 likes this.
  4. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

I never had a lag issue with the old firmware, but I did notice that the battery was draining rather fast. 5% within the first hour had become normal since I purchased last weekend. Since the update, the battery seems to be more efficient now.
  5. 2badmice

2badmice Well-Known Member

I've not had any lag, battery issues, or the update, happy as I am to be honest.
  6. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

Does it give us some more internal memory?
  7. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

no, and no update will give any significant amount of memory if any at all. to gain memory, they would have to remove several features, and they arent going to do that.
  8. Kcttocs

Kcttocs Active Member

So what was the upgrade? I just upgraded my gs4 on att. Don't notice any differences
  9. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

I am in the UK. A few days ago I downloaded a large update through Kies (it wasn't available directly through the phone).

I am now on Android 4.2.2, build number JDQ39.I9505XXUAMDM. Is this the upgrade you are talking about, or is it a new one?
  10. Kcttocs

Kcttocs Active Member

Here is a snap shot

Attached Files:

11. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Received the update this morning. RAM usage did drop for me, which is nice but I never ran into RAM issues before. Also, returning to the home screen from an app is a lot smoother now. That is where I saw the "lag" before a lot, which I'm pretty sure was just a framerate issue. The transitions when switching between apps is snappier too.
  12. Eric618

Eric618 Well-Known Member

I installed this AM. The update went smooth. I did have to use Motochopper to re-root. That was no problem. I do see an improvement in speed and smoothness.
  13. searcher61

searcher61 Member

On sprint have not received it yet. Got my phone on the 27th.
  14. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Got mine about this morning on Sprint. Alot smoother overall and seems to have a little better ram management
  15. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

16. searcher61

searcher61 Member

Naw..still shows MDC
  17. 2badmice

2badmice Well-Known Member

I have the same Android version as you, am I assuming this is the update, if so it must have been pre-installed.
  18. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Nope, It's not the same and MDM lags.

US getting the update first feels a bit strange though, it's usually the other way around so just have to play the waiting game now.
    Mutant04 likes this.
  19. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I updated my AT&T S4 last night, and had no issues with the auto rotate at all, but I also didn't see any real significant improvement. My S4 was amazing before, and is still amazing.
    2badmice likes this.
  20. Poweranimals

I finally got the update on Sprint. Haven't noticed any changes.
  21. zeker

zeker Member

I did the update on AT&T. It seems a bit snappier in speed, but placebo can be very powerful!
  22. dmobley88

dmobley88 Member

I was told by an att Rep at the repair center not to use the att software update as it breaks the phone
  23. Mutant04

Mutant04 Well-Known Member

I got my S4, very happy, fast, smooth, no probs. I'd read that a few people had reported lag, but not noticed this.

I then received an update (70mb in size), so I downloaded and installed. Now I have lag city. My S4 is considerably slower. Tapping contacts, messaging, email, camera icon etc. are much, much slow, in fact the whole phone just seems sluggish now.
    very disappointed and wish I'd never updated. :(

My device is stating: I9505XXUAMDM.
  24. Poweranimals

Why would they send out an update that breaks the phone?
  25. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

My build number after the update is:jdq39.i337ucuamdl