• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update back to official samsung Android Eclair

RyDeR`

Dec 31, 2010
Hi,

I was just wondering if there's a way to download the official Eclair software from Samsung and install it back to my I5800.

Please don't post me links from samsungfirmwares.com. I know but they're not official. Is there any way to download 2.1 from Kies or something? Or just ANY way?

Regards

Is this not like asking for the official Windows 7 software for a Dell, HP or Compaq PC ?

Samsung just provide the hardware. Android is the universal operation system. It is up to Samsung to make sure their hardware/components are 'Android 2.1 compatible' or 'Android 2.2 compatible' before installing Android in their phones, in the same way that Dell, HP or Compaq have to make sure that any graphics cards or sound cards they put in their PCs will work on 'Windows 7' before installing Windows 7.

It would be different if you were looking for the original Samsung software for a Samsung phone based on their own in-house firmware. You would get that software off the Samsung website.

I have upgraded my Samsung i5800 from Eclair to Froyo and then back again several times. I still get the Samsung logo appearing on booting so I presume that Samsung have put the logo in a 'protected' section of the ROM.

I may be entirely wrong but I don't think you will find what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones