Update Bugs and GlitchesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't seen a thread for this yet. But I know there are problems due to the update. If everyone shares maybe we can help eachother out.

I now have dead pixels. 3 to be exact when in camera/video mode. It will not allow me to download or use any other camera app. I also now have fuzzyness in my pictures. This has to be software related because it was fine before...

Also on main screen sometimes software keys for contacts and dialer do not respond. Never did this before.

So is there anything weird with your phone after update?

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I haven't had anything strange after the update. I wonder what could have produced those dead pixels in the camera/video mode. I've never heard of that before. Hopefully Motorola will fix any issues in the next update, but maybe in the next one, the sound will mysteriously start going out. :p

I hope that this wont be a recurring issue with Motorola.

"Hurray for Froyo!... and now my phone's bricked?!?"

3. Mutt Slayer

Mutt Slayer Member

+1 on the dialer and contact buttons not responding after the update. Phone got much more laggy as well. Thought about doing a factory reset.

Before the update, I didn't have any of this. I have not tried the camera yet.

Wish we had a fix for this.

4. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

I did a factory reset but it doesn't help. I have the lag plus my car dock wont work now and camera wont work either!

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I dont have any lag other then the lock screen I wish there would be a led notification for when it is charging maybe they can add one in another ota

6. Jpeluso8

Jpeluso8 Active Member

Ever since the update I've had bugs too.
    1. phone is not responsive when dialing, scrolling through contacts etc..
    2. The UI is slower. Sometimes my home screee now will load with none of my icons..takes like a min for there to be my app icons
    3. Blockbuster app that came with the phone doesnt open..it just freezes..

These 3 things I know are as a result to the update. Never had these probs before.

So I have a question now..is there a mechanism for us letting motorola know this now? I want a new update. But my guess is Froyo would fix right?

7. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I was curious to as if there were a method to let motorola know about the bugs also not sure what we would have to do to let them know

8. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have not experienced any bugs from the update at all. Were all the phones made in china or were some made elsewhere? Mine was made in China and so far no real issues.

9. Beasnizzle99

Beasnizzle99 Well-Known Member

from over at the motorola forums they have passed on the pixel camera issuse and believe to have narrowed it down in the software...

10. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

The dead pixel issue is the only thing I can pin point and that hasn't affected my camera in any way. Pictures still come out crisp. My contact scrolling is actually smoother and the fonts in the browsers are better anti-aliased. I can find no other issue with the update as of yet.

I believe some of the problems people are mentioning are just coincidences. I would have picked up on any unresponsiveness immediately considering how much I use this phone and I haven't experienced any of that. Unless of course, the update selectively screwed some phones which I have a hard time believing.

11. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am also experiencing the lag / unresponsiveness. This seems to go away when I turn the screen off and back on. It's really annoying.

12. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Blockbuster app freezes, never comes up. No notifications of new emails using Corporate Sync. Not sure if they worked before the update. I updated as soon as I took the phone out if the box.

13. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I rooted my phone and got rid of all the bloatware so i wouldnt have problems with that since i would never use it. So you didnt try them out before the update came?

14. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

Anyone else having trouble adding accounts? I've tried to add my Picasa and Photobucket accounts, but I get an error saying try again later. I thought last week's OTA would fix it but no luck. If I try to add the accounts on wifi, it goes further but still ends up with an error.

15. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I haven't really had many issues

aside from trying to do a number change and my phone factory reset itself...which i did not actually want it to do

and there is a slight lag

but ehhh

16. northwst

northwst Active Member

not an update bug but still a bug

I noticed this the other day and searched throughly for a fix...none so far.

I use Hotmail in addition to Gmail... so I have it set up thru the system email client... but when I delete an email from the list it does not delete the email from the server...no settings to change this...I read that it does it by default but it is not working for some reason... I am using K9 email untill this is fixed.

I believe this affects all pop3 accounts.

17. northwst

northwst Active Member

I have not experienced any of the bugs that have reported...in fact none of the issues that have been reported so far as I have read....this is my first smart phone so no real experience with them but I am really very happy with the power in my hands....NEVER EVER going back to the dark ages....

18. mhynek

mhynek Well-Known Member

Yesterday I took a trip, put my X in the car dock, and set Nav to my destination. About an hour into my trip, Nav would intermittently close, and would return me to my home screen. This continued for the last 2 hours of my trip. It was extremely irritating. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?

19. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Mine did the same thind and i would have to keep sliding down the notification bar to bring it back up. It would still be on it would just be in the top of the screen. It didnt do this before the update

20. mhynek

mhynek Well-Known Member

Yes, that's exactly it! Was a pain in the a$$ to have to pull down the notification bar just to reactivate Nav. Any ideas how to fix this horrid phenomenon?

21. kkwan77

I've noticed the lag, unresponsiveness, delay in input etc. Anyone else come across this since the update??

22. kkwan77

Lag as in unresponsive and delayed input from the keyboard?

Hopefully this gets fixed on the next update!

23. Brooks777

Brooks777 Active Member

Yeah, I've got the same issue.. check it out here: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...-1-13-604-update-adds-dead-pixels-camera.html

24. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

No like general lag with the homescreen and application launches

25. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

This is a general warning to ALL:

Keep your posts constructive, on-topic, and leave out the personal insults. If I see any more attempts to disrupt a thread or provoke arguments I'll be handing out infractions.