• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Centre App

SavageRobot

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2012
Wales
I have installed a new ROM on my phone and the update centre seems to be different. I don't know if this is just the latest version ported from Z3 and my stock ROM just didn't have this version yet or what but when I go into the app it doesn't have the three tabs at the top (System/Apps/something else) it is just to check if there are any OTA system updates I think. The Update Centre I have is 2.3.0.A.0.8.
Does anyone have any ideas how to update Album / Walkman etc if there are updates?

Upvote 0
Great, let me know how you get on. I like this ROM, seems very smooth and fast and battery is brilliant. However, I have noticed that my camera lets a lot of light in on this and makes the pictures in bright light quite blurry and faded in superior auto. However looking through the thread all the posters seem to really like the camera mod and asking where it was from etc.
There are more functions but superior auto doesn't seem to good on mine, which is what I tend to use.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Ah, I can't say I had much problem with auto on later firmwares, maybe I was just lucky :)

I was on stock .157 then I flashed his .108 kernel, used his root and flashed his .157 kernel and installed his ROM. I assume if you are already running rooted stock .108 you'll be good to just flash the .157 and install the ROM zip as it says kernel only.
Instructions say "1. Install official z1 firmware 14.4.A.0.157 FTF" was already running that. 2. download zip, 3. root using his method with .108 + .157 ftf and root method, 4. install recovery, wipe, install, wipe, reboot.

Reactions: darry360018
Upvote 0
Yea I found one, I didn't read through the thread properly to be honest. In the "How To Install" section there is a link to a page that says "Root your device using THIS". There is a .108 kernel to downgrade to, a rootkit to flash and a .157 kernel to update to after.

Do you have the ftf files in that post? Neither Chrome, nor Firefox will let me download as they're infected & devhost i s a bad domain apparently....

Upvote 0
Yeah, Chrome doesn't like either though. It starts the download, tells me it's malicious and I can either block or learn more....

Firefox just won't let me download.

Can you download them?
I'm on mobile (Firefox) so yeah.

Want me to put them somewhere for you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For EP

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B2MPU5MqABTXSll3NE9raXpXd2M/edit

Here are the md5 checksums - they were good on my end.

1430437193722.jpg

1430437209227.jpg

1430437223336.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm on mobile (Firefox) so yeah.

Want me to put them somewhere for you?

If you could stick them on dropbox or something, that would be great, thank you! :)

It lets me download the zip, just not the ftf files.

I had to put in an insurance claim yesterday and the replacement handset came today. I was pretty adamant I wasn't going to root, just to see if I could live without out it but KitKat's infuriating external storage restrictions and no ad blocking meant I lasted about 3 hours before deciding I was being stupid.

I can either download a full 1GB ftf file, downgrade to a rootable software version, root, install a recovery, then install a pre rooted stock ROM based on the latest KK firmware and muck about in flashtool again updating kernels and basebands.

Or download those 2 files, downgrade to an insecure kernel, root, then upgrade the kernel again and that's me done.

So about 45 mins work Vs 10 for the same result.

Locked bootloaders smell.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones