Update coming for Volume Issue

Last Updated:

1. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Firespyer, wrongitdoo, Mays24 and 3 others like this.
  2. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

Any clue when that update is going to arrive?

3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

FINALLY!

I'm starting to take back a lot of shit I use to say about Motorola. Mind posting a direct link to the forum post?

4. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, it was literally just announced a couple of hours ago and right now they said planning, but for sure it is coming.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

JubbaTheHutt likes this.
  6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

7. Droid Ninja

Droid Ninja Well-Known Member

Most likely coming with froyo

8. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

seems like everything comes from there...

9. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

A lot of tech sites and blogs often gather and repeat information from other sources, perhaps adding to what was said or editorializing on it. I personally prefer to always try to go to the original source if possible, which in this case is the Motorola Owner's Forum thread for which Paycer provided the link.

10. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

Hopefully it comes with 2.2. Glad to see Motorola has open ears!

11. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

happy someday ill be able to listen to pandora again without a external speaker

12. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

It's great that Motorola is actually listening and fixing issues.

13. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member

I doubt they can increase it to as loud as the original Droid. I think it is a hardware issue with a small speaker and a terrible baffle over it.

14. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

It's already been confirmed that the speaker isn't the issue. It's the default sounds and audio that come with the phone. If you modify those files and replace the originals, they're plenty loud enough.

15. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I agree. I'm curious to see what they will do. When I complained about call quality to HTC. I got a letter and a promise. That was it. It's August and no fix for the call quality has come through. I think I like Moto's attentiveness better, although I do like HTC phones.

16. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member

How does replacing the default sounds and audio address the low in call and navigation volume?

17. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the call volume. I honestly haven't heard anything about that, but I ignore some threads here and there so I may have easily overlooked. I can't explain this one way or another, so I won't actually comment on it.

The NAV uses audio files. Does it not? What are you referring to when you mention the navigation?

18. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

Citation please? I haven't seen where they've said it's a problem with the default sounds.

Custom ringtones at max volume are also very weak on the phone. Anything played through the back speaker pales in comparison to other phones I've owned.

19. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

Update promised and update delivered. We shall see. You can't squeeze water from a rock. There's only so much that speaker can do.

I don't know how many of you consider this a deal breaker, but I can't wait for the promised update when I get close to my 30 day return window. I hate to say it, but if the update for the volume fix is to be pushed out in late September, the phone won't be around anymore. Really like the X, but this is a huge deal breaker for me.

20. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Every phone might be a little different. Some phones may not have this issue, and others might. We can't necessarily know for sure one way or the other right now.

I don't have a personal opinion on what I think the problem is, as I don't have my phone yet and I therefore haven't been able to test things out myself.

I'm basing this, "confirmation," on posts and discussions, both here and elsewhere. I didn't mean to imply that Motorola has made some form of official statement as to what the real issue is. There's clearly a problem with the phone in some aspect, but what it really is isn't entirely certain yet. I know for a fact that there are people who have simply replaced some of the default notification alarms and ringtones with enhanced versions that were simply edited with Audacity to have higher audio levels. Perhaps their experience involved a Placebo effect, and perhaps they really were successful in fixing their problems. I simply do not know.

It also isn't that difficult to use the search tool...

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-droid-x/137612-how-increase-droid-x-call-quality.html

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...-ring-call-volume-any-new-feedback-phone.html

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...-speaker-design-flaw-fixable.html#post1325824 - specific post

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...-speaker-design-flaw-fixable.html#post1343628 - this one too

http://androidforums.com/tips-trick...round-sound-issue-not-fix-but-seems-help.html

Sorry if I came across as sounding matter of fact and final. I didn't mean it that way.

21. TheXFactor

It's simple, really. There's a problem with the ringer/alert volume too low when set to maximum.

From Matt, forums manager at the official Motorola forums:
    Here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/32604?start=0&tstart=0

There is a problem with all X's, it's not isolated to certain handsets.

22. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

23. TheXFactor

Actually, I had posted this days ago in another forum, on this site.

24. ObiDon

ObiDon Well-Known Member

One member of that Motorola Support Forum posted a YouTube video that compared the volume level of his original Droid with his new X and the difference is readily apparent.

You can see the video here: Droid X Vol Issue

I think that there may be more than one issue though. I've noticed that when I cancel an alarm, say from the timer app, it will get loud for a split second before it stops. I'll try and get a video of this posted up tomorrow. This issue was also documented on the Motorola Support Forum here.

Don

25. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I'm talking about this thread. I never said I found the article first. I found the link after seeing a post from someone else, (no, not you).

The quote of myself is from this very thread, on this exact page. My point was that you're repeating something that's already present in this thread.