Update Coming Soon ??General

1. emorrison33

emorrison33 Active Member

I read on another website that an update for the IdeaPad A1 should be coming soon. I verified that a Chinese version and Rest of World update version were released on the Lenovo OTA website on January 16, 2012. Hopefully the US version will be released soon.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Moobs

Moobs New Member

I am having no end of trouble with the update. It is probably because I am new to Android - I could use some hand-holding.

When I check for an update I getthe following message:

"There is more new version about the device. Are you sure to download this new version"

Much happy over me is I think. I select ok.

Up pops a warning:

"After the system update, some of the applications may not work. whether you download the new software or update it".

Er ... Ok .. click OK

A "start downloading" icon appears, immediately vanishes and nothing appears to change.

Has a file been downloaded to somewhere on SD card? How do I go about checking whether the update has downloaded and applying it if it has?

Hayulp!

Moobs
  3. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

I didn't have any problems when my tablet updated a few days ago. Maps works now without reseting the tablet. I like the new background. I don't know enough about the update process to help Moobs. Sorry.
  4. WayneVucenic

WayneVucenic New Member

Sounds like the update didn't work. It took mine 15-20 minutes to download, then I got a dialog saying something like "This is a two part update. The system will restart then the update will continue." Sorry I didn't copy down the exact words, but this dialog was in perfect English in contrast to the earlier dialogs.

To check, you could go to "Settings", then "About Tablet" (last choice, need to scroll down to see it), then "System Updates". It then checks for updates, and if you've been updated, it says "Your system is currently up to date". If not, hopefully it will give you the option to retry the update.

Hope this helps!
  5. Centauri27

Centauri27 New Member

I got the "this is a two part update" message too, but after the tablet rebooted, I could see no signs of any further updating. However when I do another update check, it says that I'm on the latest version so I guess it updated correctly.
  6. sarahbrown01

sarahbrown01 New Member

I am considering purchasing the A1, and was wondering what the update is for. It is an update for the OS, or something else?
  7. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

Launching Google maps would cause the A1 to reset on previous versions and now works well with this version. I'm guessing it was bug fix. I have had no problems.
  8. doggone

doggone Member

Is it likely the A1 will eventually update to ICS?