2. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

Hope this fixes my bluetooth issues..
  3. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

I would be tickled about that myself.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I haven't had too many issues myself with bluetooth, wifi or hot spot. But that may just be due to my ignorance. :p
  5. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

Yeah hopefully I can load my phonebook onto my car bluetooth.
  6. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

I welcome any update really, even though my wifi has been amazing. I have a gs3 and a rezound also in the house and those cant even come close to matching the wifi signal this thing gets. gs3 is by far the worst of the group, drops wifi like half way across the house, meanwhile the dna can be used pretty much everywhere inside.
  7. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

Yes, thats what I am hoping for.
  8. Jewshort

Jewshort Well-Known Member

I can't watch 1080p youtube videos in the W.C. without hiccups.
    Something I chalked up to sheer screen size demands, for my ol' DINC had no such issues.
    I can't think of a more tangible benefit from such an update.
    Options to turn off/alter the 'Wireless Charging' notification would've been nice, but at least this means they love us.
  9. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

I wonder what the likelihood of us getting Android 4.2 in the near future is.
  10. sch911

sch911 Well-Known Member

Update is now live!
  11. stkorn97

got my update an hour or two ago, wasnt expecting it so soon
  12. victek

victek Well-Known Member

Can it be installed manually? It's showing under update status, but I see no install option.

Edit: Disregard, it's coming through now :)
  13. PatyCake

PatyCake Well-Known Member

Anybody notice any changes? It said there should be enhanced recent apps button functionality. I dont see a difference :confused:
  14. victek

victek Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any changes yet either, but at least it hasn't screwed up anything :)
  15. dachillefx

dachillefx Active Member

I had hoped they would have addressed the loud speaker volume. Yes its louder than most phones at the lowest level, but it doesn't get any louder until about half-way, then fully cranked it's not very impressive. With headphones it's a beast, even without Beats being enabled. Well hopefully next update. Either way it's nice that DNA is getting love from its Creators...With that been said, still would like to hear my music and videos and show-off the DNA. My wife's Droid Razr laughs at the DNA's audio output (externally)
  16. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

To be honest, I never noticed a problem with the majority of that stuff. The issues I've had with the phone are with the bluetooth in my car. I don't know if that will be fixed by this update, but the fact that it's supposed to improve bluetooth functionality and contacts list stability sounds promising.
  17. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Got the update yesterday and have not noticed any issues or changes but one. With the wireless charger the phone no longer lights up like it did at night now and then. Nice. :)
  18. stkorn97

Was gonna say the same thing about wireless charging. Its nice not having it turn on everytime I put it down.
  19. AntimonyER

Why am I always the last to get an update :p
  20. sch911

sch911 Well-Known Member

You realize you can pull the update yourself right? No need to wait....

Settings > Software Update > Check New
  21. CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD Well-Known Member

Stumbled onto the available update this evening just by chance, but so far I haven't noticed any changes. I have occasional disconnect issues with my 5 GHz network at home and was hoping this would help. But not five minutes after the final reboot, the wifi went crazy for a moment just like always. Sometimes it drops to the 2.4 GHz network, sometimes goes back to 5 GHz.

Maybe it's just the router since it's hidden in a closet, but it's otherwise practically line of sight.
  22. MikeC01

MikeC01 Active Member

This update caused me such fits last night. As soon as I downloaded the update, I got a text which I needed to check. Stupidly, instead of deffering the update, I pulled down the alert bar and opened up the text. When I went back, the firmware update box was gone from the home screen. I tried "check for updates" again but it did nothing. I had to do a factory reset to fix it. Ugh!
  23. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

The update fixed my problem with not being able to DL my phonebook onto my car bluetooth. And the audio is better over bluetooth and headphones. It's not like it was bad before, but the volume has been improved.
  24. CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD Well-Known Member

I can say with certainty now that it hasn't fixed my one most annoying issue with this device, and that's how it randomly shuts off wifi and 4G/data anytime the battery drops below about 50% when the screen's off. I haven't noticed any differences in Bluetooth but it may be a little clearer sounding now. Could be my mind playing tricks.

I still haven't figured out what the change is with the tasks button. Works the same as far as I can tell.
  25. AntimonyER

So every time I try to pull the update it freezes up, and said htc dm is not responding... Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: nm, I got it to pull by restarting phone. :p