update curiosity

Last Updated:

1. magic1

magic1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had 2.1 on my Eris for a while and havnt had any of the issues with the update that I've read others have had. I got it ota. Was wondering what 2.2 holds in store; if its simply a patch to fix 2.1 problems or have any cool additions such as live wallpapers( yes I know it zapps battery life and is only for entertainment but if I wanted boring I would have stuck with my blackberry!)

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

I wouldnt hold my breath on the Eris getting 2.2...... its not very likely to happen at all........

they did however release an update MR4 yesterday which is "supposed" to fix alot of the problems people are having

we wont know if it worked for a few days at least til everyone gets it and gives it a try

4. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

This, with the Hero officially getting nixed from the 2.2 list, I sincerely doubt that the Eris will recieve it (officially anyway). If you want it, I would root and run one of the Froyo ROMs that are out there. They aren't quite completely refined, but definitely functional.

5. TVMan3351

TVMan3351 New Member

I received the OTA update yesterday for my Eris and so far haven't lost anything nor I have I seen any significant changes. The one thing I really want is hands-free BT but alas that isn't in the latest update. I've heard that it's fixed in 2.2 but I doubt seriously we'll ever see that for Eris.:rolleyes:

6. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

Speaking of updates, I'm a newbie with a new Incredible. Dumb question: how will I know when my phone is updated to 2.2? Will I get a message saying it's time, download now, or will it be automatically updated? Not sure how it works... thanks in advance!

7. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

You will get a notification telling you an update is available and ask if you want to install it now or later.