• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Update Decommissioned][ROM/THEME][WIP]Red and black stock deodexed

Status
Not open for further replies.
PREREQUISITES
  • Have s-off
  • Have Clockworkmod recovery installed

TO INSTALL

• Download the rom and put it on your sdcard (anywhere is fine, but the root of the sdcard makes it easier to find. The root of the sdcard is the area that opens when you first open your sdcard.
  • Power completely off and make sure fastboot is off (settings> Power> Fast Boot needs to be unchecked! Important)
  • Now hold the volume down and Power button
  • You will be in the hboot menu[/INDENT]
  • Scroll to "recovery" you will now reboot into Clockworkmod recovery
  • Make a nandroid backup!*
  • Scroll to "wipe data/ factory reset" and select and select yes **(this will erase your current rom and all apps and data so if you don't want to lose that I recommend making a nandroid backup.)
  • Scroll to "install zip from sdcard" and select
  • Choose "choose zip from sdcard"
  • Now scroll to the .zip that you downloaded and put on your sdcard and select it and it will install
  • Now reboot your phone
You now have a themed stock deodexed rom! :D

* A nandroid backup isn't required, but is helpful if you don't like this rom and want to return to your previous set-up just the way that it was.

**You might not have to do a factory reset if you are coming from the stock or stock deodexed rom. I'm not 100% sure on that so best to do a factory reset just to be safe.

DOWNLOADS

V.0.3:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65981188/Red_and_Black_themed_rom_V.0.3.zip

Upvote 0
Changelog:
V.0.3: A lot of messaging app themed and the com.htc.resource which is a lot of the icons all around the rom. Music app partially themed. A lot of random stuff is partially themed. Lockscreen isn't fully themed for some reason I will try to get that fixed for the next build

V.0.2: Second release. Calculator and lockscreen are fully themed including text colors.

V.0.1: First release only calculator and partial lockscreen themed.

Upvote 0
Pics:

Lockscreen:
shot_Mar_10_2012_5-1.png

Calculator:
shot_Mar_09_2012_5.png

shot_Mar_09_2012_3.png

shot_Mar_09_2012_6.png

Upvote 0
This is just an update to let people know I am no longer working on this. I will keep the download link there so that you can still download it and I don't care if you want to work on it your self more, but if you do please give credit where it is do. Also if anyone needs any help with anything I may be able to help :).

Reactions: danaj
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones