1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Update done: go launcher questionSupport

1. Shurple

Shurple Well-Known Member

How do I temporarily "turn off" go launcher so I can see what the update did visually?

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Head into Settings > Apps > Go Launcher > Clear Defaults.
    Once this is done, when you hit the home button, it will prompt you to choose the stock launcher (Blur?) or Go. You can click on either and set it as the default if you want.
  3. Shurple

Shurple Well-Known Member

cool thankya!
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Just an FYI, Motorola builds seem to be different from other Android phones (and stock Android.) If you have a replacement launcher, you cannot clear defaults from it unless you have another launcher and, as long as there is another launcher, the phone will use it - you cannot set the Moto launcher as the default if there is another.

There is a free third party app called Moto Home Fix https://play.google.com/store/apps/...iY29tLm5pZ2h0c2hhZGVsYWJzLm1vdG9ibHVyaG9tZSJd which lets you add an almost exact replica of the stock home launcher, so that clear defaults in Go Launcher will work. I say an "almost exact replica" because there is one somewhat significant different - the home button binding is lost. In stock home, when you press home on anything but the default center home screen, it returns to the center; a second press zooms out the 5 home screens, showing a thumbnail of each so you can tap the one that you want. (You can also expose this from any home screen by swiping up.) Anyway, pressing the home button when you have the Moto Home Fix as the default launcher does nothing.