update error?Support

Last Updated:

1. tawerner

tawerner Member This Topic's Starter

Every time I try to do a software update from my captivate it tells me....Communication error. Try again later.

Does it do this because there is no current updates or because there's an issue with my phone or network?

Advertisement
  2. fromtheaudible

fromtheaudible Active Member

I have the same issue. Even from a fresh boot and after clearing Device Management data. Wifi off as well. Never wants to connect, and tells me about it almost immediately.

3. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

my wife has the same error on hers as well. I'm hoping it magically fixes itself for the next update lol

4. fromtheaudible

tawerner, do you use a task manager of any sort?

5. tawerner

Task manager such as...?

6. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

7. fromtheaudible

You also have to consider that he may not be running Windows on his computer, as Kies is a PC only program (unfortunately for Mac users like myself). I'd love to run it, but am s.o.l.

This suggestion is the best though.

And as far as task managers, I meant installing and running any of them available on the Android Market. Most have a "kill all/end all" button which can terminate vital tasks required for checking for updates OTA and other various functions. Even if you're picking and choosing tasks to end, there still may be consequences. Technically, you shouldn't be running a task manager at all, but that's a different thread. :p

If you are using a task manager, go ahead a reboot the phone, as you can be sure that all start-up tasks are still running that way. Turn WIFI off, and go ahead and make your first priority checking for an update, even though there are currently none. Sometimes a reboot does the trick for me, other times it doesn't. If at all possible, just download Kies.

8. tawerner

Looks like kies it is....

9. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

I can tell you that a task manager app is not the cause of the error because my wife isn't running one on her phone yet she has this error. I'm just hoping that the next update (froyo?) will fix this issue via kies.

10. fromtheaudible

Good to know. I too, even though the problem is occasional, hope that Froyo fixes this, and numerous other problems!