update facebook contact link photo's?Support

Last Updated:

1. RobbM

RobbM Member This Topic's Starter

hows best to update the photo's linked to facebook in contacts? the sync doesnt do this....

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. exclaymation

exclaymation Member

I also have the same problem. I use my gmail contacts, so when I can't handle it anymore, I usually just delete my whole contact list and re sync it with gmail and facebook and all the pictures get updated. Whoever this is a pretty crappy method.

3. DC E1G

DC E1G Well-Known Member

I have had this issue on and off since I got my phone, and have always found that going into Settings>Accounts & Sync and removing the Facebook account for HTC Sense (this is the one that sync contact photo and whatnot) to work. It will slowly remove all Facebook data from the phone, but do not worry, it can all be re-associated simply by re-adding the account credentials.

I usually do it once a month or so, depending on how much I get tired of looking at the profile pictures of contacts I connect with often. :rolleyes:

It may take ten minutes for all the Facebook stuff (phone numbers, contact photos, etc.) to dissppear but once it does putting the account back in will ensure it fetches new data. However, it may take upwards of 15 minutes to get all the data, so don't panic if it doesn't all come back right away.

4. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I was doing that too - But I found an app called GoogleContactSync which, instead of just displaying the facebook pic, adds the facebook pic to the google contact directly.

It sits on your PC and I run it every time I remember...gets around the blank image on the message widget this way too.

Google Contact Sync | Heart of Angel

5. DC E1G

DC E1G Well-Known Member

Does this app cause the same problem as Google Contacts synching where photos become really low quality once synched?

6. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Not that I see, just checked my phone and the photos look great