update failed!Support

Last Updated:

1. spades86

spades86 Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to apply the update in the system recovery screen i go to apply sdcard:update.zip and push the home capacitive button. It brings up a progress bar and about halfway through it gives me an error saying

asser failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/BuddiesNow.odex", "8b00431615bbd1a2e2a9dace6e37c4a1ff87544", "d254c5bf845b64250ff48ebbfd9fbbce3ad39fa"
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted

Im assuming I accidentily deleted this BuddiesNow file after I rooted the phone. I tried hard reset and factory reset but neither of these fixed it. Is there a way to download or install this BuddiesNow.odex? I didn't back up the file because I'm dumb.

Advertisement
  2. arrows83

arrows83 Active Member

I had an update fail also, but didnt pay attention to why it failed, exactly.

I am on stock rom with root. The only things i removed was amazon mp3 and Sprint nfl, nascar, and Zone.

Since then I never got the update notification nor am I able to download it from the "System Updates" section of the phone.

I think will end up downloading it and flashing via PC. But will wait and read the forums to get a lil more info about this update.

any ideas?

3. EpicNoob

EpicNoob New Member

I had the same problem and worked, unsuccessfully, on it for days before finally giving up. I wiped the whole thing to go back to factory settings, changed the SD card, tried OTA and downloaded updates, etc... Nothing worked. I finally called sprint who sent me to a repair shop with people who knew less than I did, which isn't much. They didn't even know there was a new update or how to install it.

In the end I just had a new phone shipped out. It took two days and the download came through within a few hours. It all worked out well in the end.

4. arrows83

arrows83 Active Member

i just ended up using odin and downloading the Official update and it worked out that way. FYI it will remove everything if anyone wants to try this method.

5. spades86

spades86 Member This Topic's Starter

Well I ended up using Odin also. It was the only I that I saw possible to reinstall stock apps and widgets. After using Odin and going back to stock everything I'm happy to say I got the update and love how much better my battery life is now. Dramatic difference I must say :D

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member