• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update Failed

If you are on .905 use the modified 5.9.905 fxz in this thread. If you are on an ics leak .232 or before use the stock 5.9.905 fxz.

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-5-9-905-rsdlite.html

This did it for me. We have three Bionics and all 3 were identical in terms of setup. All had .905 and were rooted with Motofail. I had bloat frozen on all 3 but defrosted before the install of the ICS OTA. It worked on 2 of the 3 with no problems.

My phone was the problem, but after using the modified .905 fxz it worked like a champ.

Upvote 0
This did it for me. We have three Bionics and all 3 were identical in terms of setup. All had .905 and were rooted with Motofail. I had bloat frozen on all 3 but defrosted before the install of the ICS OTA. It worked on 2 of the 3 with no problems.

My phone was the problem, but after using the modified .905 fxz it worked like a champ.

Same here. :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: SNeitzel
Upvote 0
since you already did a fdr and don't mind loosing data you could always flash the 6.7.246 fxz and it will put the phone to bare bone ics stock.

pm me and i will give you all the links to do it. I have to wait another day to post them publicly because my dropbox account was suspended for to much activity.
Thanks for the help guys. I used the 5.9.905 fxz and it worked like a charm, and as of this morning, I am officially part of the ICS family. Whoo!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones