Update failsSupport

1. alanarmadillo

alanarmadillo New Member

My X10i fails to install the update, it downloads and starts updating then about 2 seconds later says failed, it does this with PC Companion and SE updater, it does this on win 7 64bit and win xp whats going wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Have you pulled the battery, waited 30 seconds and placed the battery back in and booted back up? Did either of these help??
  3. RORIBABY

RORIBABY New Member

i have bn tring to upgrade the software on my X10 via pc companion it does every thing but it fails when it has to ugrade phone.help please
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

This is often just a Java based error, please try this to resolve it (also ensure you have your anti virus/firewall temporarily disabled during the update:

1. Close PC Companion
    2. Install java from Download Java for Windows - Offline Installation
    3. Start PC Companion again and try to do the SW Update of the phone.
  5. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Another tip....Right click on the PC Companion application and chose to Run as Administrator. Sometimes if you are logged in as a user that is not the actual Administrator, you may be part of some other more restrictive group (like the Users group)

Shouldn't....be could cause a problem.

I have had a problem on my x64 system before.
  6. aderuk

aderuk Active Member

I have just tried that on my x10i with no joy.I am on firmware 2.1 update1.
    I open pc companion and it states new software, so I click to update then a new screen pops up to which I click start phone update another page screen pops up with estimated time etc which I click next ,next screen is about backing up contacts etc so I click continue
    then the final screen tells me to go to Se website and the next button on the pop up is not highlighted only the cancel button can be used,going back to the SE site is no good as it is just the install for PC companion.
    Any help would be great........