• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update firmware on Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 from MicroSD card

Is there a guide or tutorial available for downloading firmware to and updating it from a MicroSD card? Kies says that there is an update available for my Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 which is on the Three UK network but I would like to perform the update from a memory card rather than via the USB port as I have been finding Kies unreliable even for backup operations and I don't want to risk it failing during the update.

Reactions: eracell79
Updating from an sd card is not possible, but you can use Odin and update via a computer, it also involves a usb cable but its not unreliable like kies.
Use the section C of this tutorial, it will tell you how to update the firmware using Odin, you will get all the needed files at sammobile.com.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12874680#post12874680

Make sure to download the correct firmware and ops file. Firmwares are sorted according to region and carrier, and ops files are sorted according to phone models, if you use an incorrect file then that could cause problems.

Reactions: Felim_Doyle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones