Update firmware on Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 from MicroSD cardSupport

Last Updated: 2013-04-04 21:38:07
  1. Felim_Doyle

Felim_Doyle Member

Is there a guide or tutorial available for downloading firmware to and updating it from a MicroSD card? Kies says that there is an update available for my Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 which is on the Three UK network but I would like to perform the update from a memory card rather than via the USB port as I have been finding Kies unreliable even for backup operations and I don't want to risk it failing during the update.

Advertisement
    eracell79 likes this.
  2. Felim_Doyle

Felim_Doyle Member

So, is there a guide or tutorial available for downloading and updating firmware using ODIN? I want to apply the update via the startup / recovery utility.
  3. Powie21

Powie21 Active Member

If you don't like Kies why don't you just OTA update from your phone?
    Setting > About Phone > Software Update > Update.
    Felim_Doyle likes this.
  4. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Updating from an sd card is not possible, but you can use Odin and update via a computer, it also involves a usb cable but its not unreliable like kies.
    Use the section C of this tutorial, it will tell you how to update the firmware using Odin, you will get all the needed files at sammobile.com.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12874680#post12874680

Make sure to download the correct firmware and ops file. Firmwares are sorted according to region and carrier, and ops files are sorted according to phone models, if you use an incorrect file then that could cause problems.
    Felim_Doyle likes this.
  5. Powie21

Powie21 Active Member

To save you even looking on sammobile.com the official 3 firmware is not available on the site.
    Felim_Doyle likes this.
  6. VikAceB

VikAceB New Member

yep I think so ... look on google