• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Flash - Lollipop

Hello Everyone,
I am having a lot of trouble with my Nexus 5 phone when i watch tv shows or movies.
It skips and lags.

How do I update flash? I have used multiple browsers that have flash enabled (Dolphin, Puffin Free, FlashFox) and all have them have a problem. In some browsers i cant even play the movie because my flash is out of date.

Please help.

Hello Everyone,
I am having a lot of trouble with my Nexus 5 phone when i watch tv shows or movies.
It skips and lags.

How do I update flash? I have used multiple browsers that have flash enabled (Dolphin, Puffin Free, FlashFox) and all have them have a problem. In some browsers i cant even play the movie because my flash is out of date.

Please help.

Adobe flash stopped supporting android since ICS... There was a workaround with dolphin browser and a certain version of flash for KitKat but that doesn't work now for lollipop. The os will disregard that flash apk, it's useless. Your stuck with browsers that use flash via server or embedded in-app.

Upvote 0
While it is true that flash support ended quite some time ago and moved on to HTML5.

@prncess23 I would try this work around if you really want to watch Flash videos.

Download these 2 apps -
FlashFox- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.browser.flashfox

Flashify - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nightshadelabs.anotherbrowser

Somehow they must work together and allow you to watch videos in Flash format.
I just tried watching a couple different flash videos on FlashFox and it worked just fine with out any problems on my N5, running 5.0.1.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones