update for galaxy fit accidentally installed on galaxy ace?Support

1. jazzzzhie

jazzzzhie New Member

hi guys, i really need help with this, i was updating my friends phone from froyo to gingerbread. the update was successfully done on the galaxy fit, but the problem was, i accidentally installed the update for the galaxy fit on the galaxy ace, w/c caused the screen to go colored and it wont even go to recovery mode nor do the hard reset on the phone. i also tried to reinstall the correct package on the galaxy ace but the computer wont even recognize the phone. so i need help on what to do. ive been searching all over the internet for the solution to this. hope you can help me out with this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. trajikka

trajikka Active Member

If you don't get an answer here and haven't already done it, post your question over at the xda-developers forums too.
  3. jazzzzhie

jazzzzhie New Member

4. insekticide

insekticide Well-Known Member

Wow, headscratcher. I heard around these forums that people use Odin to flash firmware. Maybe you can find a thread that tells you how to go back to the stock rom.
    jazzzzhie likes this.
  5. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member

Download mode is in a different partition and is not touched by odin. You can try to install fit's usb drivers and try to go to download mode somehow and flash the right firmware.

Im not sure if it will work!
  6. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

try to flash a fresh FW via Odin, its your only hope. Use cooper.ops file and official FW from sammobile.com.
    Else you'll need to find a samsung service center.