Update for htc explorer helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. macci1

macci1 New Member

Can i upgrade my htc explorer to GB 2.3.6?
    Please help me..!!

2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi macci and welcome to the forums. [​IMG]

I moved your post to the HTC Explorer forum so maybe you can get more help. The guide for the Galaxy S2 wouldn't work for your phone.

What version of Android do you have now? Are there any GB 2.3.6 OTA updates for it?
    macci1 likes this.
  3. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I don't think HTC put out a 2.3.6 ROM for the Explorer. There difference between the two isn't very significant. I wouldn't worry about it.

2.3.5 July 25, 2011
    • System enhancements:[40]
    • Improved network performance for the Nexus S 4G, among other fixes and improvements
    • Fixed Bluetooth bug on Samsung Galaxy S
    • Improved Gmail application
    • Shadow animations for list scrolling
    • Camera software enhancements
    • Improved battery efficiency

2.3.6 September 2, 2011
    • Fixed a voice search bug
    (The 2.3.6 update had the side-effect of impairing the Wi-Fi hotspot functionality of many Canadian Nexus S phones. Google acknowledged this problem and fixed it in late September).[41][42]

2.3.7 September 21, 2011

Source: Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Atma and macci1 like this.
  4. macci1

macci1 New Member

I have 2.3.5 GB right now. There are no official updates for my device i think, but i was wondering if i could still update my device. I want that because i have some issues with my device, those are:
    1. The time in the status bar won't change with the real time, sometimes it jumps to the recent time though but most of time it doesn't happen.
    2. I think that is enough for now... :)
  5. macci1

macci1 New Member

well i think i don't need the update now after the comment of Cafekampuchia.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

macci, have you tried to do a factory reset to see if that will fix your problems?
  7. macci1

macci1 New Member

Yes i did that before and that was my biggest fault..!!
    My device was rooted before and i did factory reset. After reset my device was not starting then i installed a new ROM. I think that ROM is not supporting my device.

Sorry for late reply..!