Update from Rogers...

Last Updated:

1. AndroidKid

AndroidKid New Member This Topic's Starter

hey all.. Just called customer support, and heres what they had to say...
    The Magic will have a 2.0 software update in the future, and they will skip on a donut (1.6) update... Apparently the new Sony phone is running 1.6, along with some custom stuff from sony... So we Magic (/Dream?) users should be seeing an update soon...

BUT WAIT!
    i went on down to my local rogers, and asked about a 2.0 update for my magic... Theyre response? "yeah, we can do it here." ?????
    so, i handed my phone over the counter and they saw that it was unlocked with a fido sim card.. that didnt make them too happy. they said that they couldnt do it. im going to throw a rogers sim in and see if they will do it then :p. but do you guys think its really the 2.0 update? because when i called tech support they said they were probably thinkin of the that 991 thing...
    hmmm.... Ill let you all know if i successfully get the 2.0 update from rogers!
    bye for now..

AndroidKid

Advertisement
  2. Silvertag

Silvertag Well-Known Member

Rogers will receive 2.1 (for the Magic) from HTC in the end of June. They will test it and then release it to us after. Dream hit the end of the road at v1.5 E911 update.

What store said they could get you 2.0?

Rogers only has v1.5 and v1.5 E911 version.. There is no 1.6 or 2.0. We skipped from 1.5 to 2.1 since it was so close to the 1.6 and pressed Rogers to get us the latest firmware.

3. AndroidKid

AndroidKid New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, a Rogers store in Nanaimo bc told me that 2 was in their hands and that they could upgrade it for me...

4. Silvertag

Silvertag Well-Known Member

They probably took the E911 patch as the 2.0 upgrade. Can you add the address and name of the store i'll give it a bump to @RogersMary. This should not be happening.

5. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

@AndroidKid: See my blog (link in my sig) or look at the other threads in this Rogers sub-forum to understand exactly what is going on.

To summarize (as was mentioned above) the Magic will be updated to Android 2.1. It will NEVER get 1.6 or 2.0. It will be updated directly to 2.1.

If any Rogers rep or tech tells you anything other than that, they are lying, misinformed, or just plain stupid.

There is NO 2.0 for android. They don't have it, they can't install it. Trust us, you will get better information in this forum then from ANY Rogers CSR, tech support, or store rep.

Sad, but true.