• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Galaxy Y s5360 Via Odin with one .tar.md5 file

arindam4u

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
Hello all,
I have successfully upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Y s5360 with previous firmware version few days ago.
That update was contains multiple .tar files. I have just loaded every tar file in separate Odin buttons and started the flash and it completed with success.

Now a new firmware version is available. But this upgraded version S5360DDKL2 contains only two files one is in .tar.md5 and another one in .dll
So, I am confused.
I have tried loading the .md5 file in PDA button, but returned a Failure.
Please somebody help me to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Y.

Please don't ask me to update it by KIES cause it takes 5 hours with no success and I really don't like the god damned KIES! It sucks!

Thanks.

Hello all,
I have successfully upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Y s5360 with previous firmware version few days ago.
That update was contains multiple .tar files. I have just loaded every tar file in separate Odin buttons and started the flash and it completed with success.

Now a new firmware version is available. But this upgraded version S5360DDKL2 contains only two files one is in .tar.md5 and another one in .dll
So, I am confused.
I have tried loading the .md5 file in PDA button, but returned a Failure.
Please somebody help me to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Y.

Please don't ask me to update it by KIES cause it takes 5 hours with no success and I really don't like the god damned KIES! It sucks!

Thanks.
we all have the same problem!there is no way untill now to flash one file firmware!!!

Upvote 0
i have 2 ideas for it..

try rename the file. i.e. remove the md5 extension...

another is..

download peazip software (freeware)
download 7-zip (freeware)
untar the new tar.md5 file using 7-zip
you will see all rom files..

now go to the folder which contains old rom tar file..
open tar files one by one using peazip software..
click add button in peazip software..
add the newly extracted files from newly downloaded rom..
old file will be replaced but tar files will be intact..
after the replacing files job is done..
flash new ROM..
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones