1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Google Search

Last Updated:

1. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just an FYI, I downloaded google search last night even though we already have it built in, apparently when you go to the market it doesn't show google search as installed nor an update. I installed it and it appears to have updated the built in google search in our phones. I then uninstalled it just to see if it would tell me there was an update and then it did. I thought I would post this so everyone can update their google search. Also don't forget to install/update google voice search while you're at it.

Advertisement
    zombdroid likes this.
  2. IgnatiusTheKing

IgnatiusTheKing Well-Known Member

What's different in the updated version?

3. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

The version on my EVO is 1.0 and the version in the Market is 1.1.0.48668 - A few people are reporting this has broken their search button. http://www.androlib.com

4. blinky260

blinky260 Member

Updated my EVO and the google voice does everything is supposed to do. Showed it to my wife and she said "update my EVO"! So I did but it doesn't work on hers. All of our settings are identical , the only thing I can see is that her contacts are not going into her gmail account for some reason. I've synced her gmail account but when I check, it only shows that there are two contacts where there should be over 200.

Help me out and make my wife happy. Thanks

5. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member

Address please :p

Mabster likes this.
  6. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I thought the update brought some new features to froyo enabled phones? Like there was some new voice stuff and the search widget is a little different too