Update is coming soon (not 2.x though)General

Last Updated:

1. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I had to go into my local 3 phone shop today as the girlfriends samsung galaxy is playing up. I asked the manager who dealt with the gf's phone if he knew if and when the HD update was due out.

Turns out he is friends with the sony ericsson rep! He said he knew it was due out in August but could not remember the date and the rep is on holiday until the 7th and if the update had not happened by then to go back in and he would call the rep for me.

I'm not saying this is 100% gospel but what the manager of my local 3 phone shop said to me an hour ago.

But when he phones the rep trust me I will also ask if he knows when the OS update is due and what we will be getting :)

Advertisement
    moods925 likes this.
  2. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

thats good news to hear,

shame 3 cant release the firmware update tho, im still stuck on 16

moods925 likes this.
  3. powerkiter

Think yourself lucky...

I was on R1*****14 before I rooted.

moods925 likes this.
  4. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

What improvements?

moods925 likes this.
  5. powerkiter

No idea and it could just be the R2****26 update but I did ask him "when is the update with HD recording coming out"

So I'm guessing it will be the 720HD video recording and a few other tweaks thrown in?

moods925 likes this.
  6. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

my handset was on o2 prepay - but unlocked to take my 3 sim, im unsure weather to de-brand or root, im a newbie to all this, hav fair computer knollage but unsure weather i should do it ?

moods925 likes this.
  7. powerkiter

No idea about debranding but I know that if you root via the 3 step guide over on XDA then all you have to do is run step 1 again to unroot and go to a generic firmware and at the moment the latest root will give you build number R2BA024.

Then when the 2.x update come out simply run step 1 to flash back to the unrooted rom and its all good.

moods925 likes this.
  8. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

Latest version is R2BA026 for weeks now.

9. powerkiter

Yep and there is a root for that :D

moods925 likes this.
  10. Brumbjorn

Brumbjorn Active Member

I thought there were different firmware versions for different versions of the phone. I am on R2BA023 and that is the latest in Sweden as far as I know. I dont really know how many different versions there are but my last version before 23 was 14, so I guess there is a bunch.

moods925 likes this.
  11. powerkiter

So has anyone tried to updated in the last few days?

Like I said I have to wait till the 7th for the rep to come back from holiday but it might be there by now? I would try but I'm rooted and I would have to roll back just to try it out :(

12. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Not there yet on SEUS which is where I've picked up the last two. (UK Tmobile)

13. kenthandsfree

kenthandsfree Active Member

Just checked for updates OTA and there was one!
    Handset told me to use SEUS, did it with much anticipation, getting all excited and then..... just a poxy Vodafone update as far as I can tell, no real difference.
    Still firmware 1.6, build number R2BA024.
    It added 360 updates, music shop and shop icons, the swipe to unlock seems a little less laggy but that could just be me.
    Like waiting for God this andriod update crap, when will we get 2.0 (looks like we'll never get 2.2).

14. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I am feeling left behind, Is this update for Rogers Canada also, I am still running R2BA020, I just received that update a while back, I have tried to update but it says I still have the latest software, even Update Service says the same, I have heard a few people say to just run the update and repair the phone to get it to the latest, If anyone can shed some light or a link to how I can update it, it would be appreciated.

15. powerkiter

Sorry to shout...

THIS UPDATE IS MEANT TO BE THE HD VIDEO RECORDING UPDATE :)

16. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

Im on Virgin Mobile UK and have R2BA026
    My workmate is on Orange UK and can only get R2BA020
    So really does seem to vary.

17. powerkiter

Please don't get me wrong as I think its stupid that people in the same country are are all on varying builds but I only have 2 days till I can get some more info from the shop manager about the hd update but...

From reading around the web Android can only do hd recording with 2.1? So unless they have found a work around I don't see how?

But for some reason the kernel for 1.6 on the X10 is from 2.1 so maybe that is why 1.6 on the X10 does 90% of what 2.1 does and that might be the work around?

18. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I honestly hope the x10 gets 2.1 or even 2.2 like us. Your phone has the hardware to be a competitor with the high end Android phones out there. The only thing I'm not clear on... is this one of the few and rare ones that uses a resistive touch screen? If that's the case, I'm about 98.786% sure that multi touch capability can't be brought to the x10 unless they do a massive recall and start making it with capacitive screens instead, which this late in the game is very doubtful.

19. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

As far as I know its capacitive, can't do anything with a stylus only your fiinger. The screen is great, liked it more than the HTC Desire which was its main competition when I was buying a month or so ago.

20. sushidushi

sushidushi Member

I'm fairly sure that I read on the SE blog that 2.1 would be released from Q3 (September, I would guess) and that the HD recording and wireless thing through clever televisions would be released shortly AFTER the release of 2.1.

The same blog confirmed that multitouch could not be used with the screen on the X10.