Update issue, and annoying message I can't remove.Support

Last Updated:

1. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 21, 2010
    Okay, so I got the update, only to have it report a failure. I checked the phone info, and found that it was reporting the following:

Baseband: I897UCJH7
    Kernel: 2.6.29 jetaek.lee@sep-11 #2
    Build: ECLAIR

So it appears the first two pieces of information are consistent with the update, but not the final. Seeing this, I went ahead and ran the update check again the next day. It again found an update to download, ran through the download, rebooted, and reported failure.

Some things do appear updated. For instance, I can now send MMS over Edge, which I've never been able to do before. But the GPS didn't change (I know, likely not supposed to) and the music player app did not have the new features.

And now that I've gone past another 24 hour cycle, I have the annoying "Unable to download. Please try again later." message appearing at the bottom of my screen, and there's nothing I can do to get rid of it. A hard reset of the phone will remove it for a few minutes, but then it's back. I've seen this related to MMS messages that wouldn't download, but there are none in queue to download.

Background: The phone is rooted, and I enabled sideloading. I realize either or both of these may be contributing.

Any suggestions? Should I flash Odin?