• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help update Kies 2 with prob and stucked with froyo2.2

when i got the message that kies has an update i downloaded it but my laptop restarted. dont know why.
so then i tried to download the update (kies 2) thru kies 1 to no avail.
uninstall it with revo uninstaller and was successful. then downloaded the kies 2 from samsung website then installed that. to mu suprize, the auto update firmware doesnt detect my gt-i9000 unlike prior to when before i updated kies, my gt-i9000 (which has the 2.1 version) detected froyo 2.2 and upgraded the firmware.
i knew bout it thru the auto update of kies.
just bought this phone last month.
im now hearing a buzz 2.3 is available but kies 2 cant see and says froyo 2.2 is the latest firmware for my phone.

plus kies now cant see all my contacts

oh, after the auto firmware update cant see my phone. i did the factory reset hoping it would fix the problem (that was when my phone already have the 2.2 version)
but the factory reset just tooked out some of the bundle software and am trying to find those who went gone after the factory reset but unable to fix the problem.
can anyone help me find a solution with my predicament?
also, i dont want to update to 2.3 if i have to root my phone. is there any other way i could get gingerbread if kies wont let me download it, coz my current firmware lags all the time (2.2)
i tried the USB debugging with kies air and with kies on pc but to no avail. can anyone please help me find a solution to this?
it will be much appreciated.
Thank you!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones