Update not supported by KiesSupport

Last Updated:

1. maliiik

maliiik Member

Hi all,

I really need some assistant....i just bought a new galaxy s2...i try updating to my 2.3.4 to the latest firmware (i think its already 2.3.6)...But when i connect my phone with Kies (i downloaded from Samsung website - Malaysia), it says update not supported by Kies...i checked my CSC code was KOR (is this Korea???....im from Malaysia by the way...
    is there anyway that i can update my firmware?...could anyone assist me in detail?
    tq in advance guys XD

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Can you go to settings, scroll down and tap on the about phone.

List down the phone model, and all the kernel, build version etc.

Then maybe someone can help.

Mine is;
    Phone Model: GT-I9100
    Android: 2.3.6
    Baseband: I9100DXKL1
    Kernel: I9100DXKL3
    Build: DXKL3

This is Malaysia
  3. Erlander

Erlander Member

I am in Australia and bought my phone on the web from Kogan who sell in Au and UK.

I get the same message from Kies so I upgraded mine from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 using Odin.

4. maliiik

maliiik Member

Mine is

Mine is;
    Phone Model: GT-I9100
    Android: 2.3.4
    Baseband: I9100XXKH3
    Kernel: I9100XXKH3
    Build: XXKH3
  5. Russell Ng

I am not very good with kernels and build so hopefully with the information posted, some one more familiar with the issue can help you. You could try uninstalling kies and reinstall using an international website and see if that helps for kies connection. If that doesn't work, can always flash.

Unless you get better advice.
  6. maliiik

maliiik Member

ive tried installing the Kies ive downloaded from the Samsung UK website..still the same...ive opened the Korea Samsung website..but couldnt find the Kies to download... imthinking ot flash my rom...but its only just been 1 week since i bought it....
  7. Russell Ng

Then try using the phone as is first. I've read that 2.3.4 have updates that solve some battery issues, so if it works well, maybe don't have to update.
  8. maliiik

maliiik Member

guess i"ll update (flash) my rom when ICS is officially out from Samsung..
  9. dimosomonia

dimosomonia New Member

Android Version: 2.3.4
    Phone Model:GT-I9100
    Kernel Version:
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XXKH3

Thats my phone status.My csc code was KOR but there was no update available from kies or from my mobile so i changed it to Xeo(poland.eventhough am from cyprus) but still no update available what shall i do. any help will be appreciated thanks
  10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If you've installed a firmware that doesn't match your original CSC you won't get updates either via Kies or OTA (if that ever happens). The only way to update is to continue to use Odin.
  11. late8

late8 Well-Known Member

Is this also the reason why mine says it cant be upgraded via Kies in this post...?

My phone was originally DBT csc (Germany) on 2.3.4, I changed to ITV (Italy) for 2.3.6 which later updated over the air.... and now I have just upgraded to 4.0.3 XEU (My country is UK)
  12. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It could be. As the XEU update hasn't yet been released it's probable that the update servers simply won't recognise a version reporting itself as that. Tbh all bets are off as to what happens once you've installed unofficial firmware.... there are simply too many variables.
  13. thinkharry

thinkharry New Member

My S2 won't update in New Zealand, it says KOR.
    I havent changed anything since i bought it. It has never worked properly. What can I do. Its about a month old...