Update notification for apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. kalel3038

kalel3038 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Alright guy this is my first thread so please go easy on me ok lol if i am posting this in wrong place please direct me to the light...but back to subject has anybody had a problem with Market not notifing you when you have an update? I come from being a long time G1 user so i know its suppuse to notify you but yesterday i go into my downloads and like 15 of my apps needed update and i was like well i never got a notification so if anybody can help gladly appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. marcusb

marcusb Well-Known Member

This doesn't work for some reason at the moment (pun intended). It actually didn't work on the Hero either when I owned that. Phandroid even has an article from last year on the issue: Android Market: App Update Notifications Broken? | Android Phone Fans

Not sure if it's the same issue or if we sprint users are experiencing something different.

3. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

If you go to the Market > My Downloads, you will see a list of all of your downloads and the ones marked UPDATE AVAILABLE will be at the top.

4. marcusb

marcusb Well-Known Member

We know that.. but there should be something in the notification bar when an update is available

5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I bet most first time android users on sprint had no clue it did. There was a thread about automatic updates and it all pointed to My Downloads to check. I actually don't mind checking that. Don't know if I want update notifications. I get enough notifications of other crap to add that in. But it definitely would be a nice feature for many I'm sure.

6. shakuyi

shakuyi Well-Known Member

we also need an "update all" button as well

7. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

...or all selected - and the ability to pick what gets updated and when. But I agree! Good idea.

8. Tyrahn

Tyrahn Well-Known Member

Update notifications work just fine on my Girlfriend's Droid Eris, until she got it though I had no idea that update notifications were even a possibility ...

Clark