Update of camera issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was experiencing the "freezes" that others have complained about. The phone itself would freeze up after taking a picture or I'd get a black screen right after activating the camera.

After some experimenting, I found something interesting that might help others with this problem. I don't understand why this would work, but it does, at least for me.

If I activate the camera while the phone is vertical and wait until the picture comes on the screen and then turn it horizontal, I have no problems, it takes pictures from then on either vertically of horizontally.

But if I am holding the phone horizontally. and then activate the camera, I get the black screen or if I do get a picture, the camera freezes after taking the shot.

Weird huh? Maybe the part of the OS that detects orientation is having compatibility problems with the camera software?

Someone else with this problem should try this and post their results! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. DoodleD

DoodleD Well-Known Member

Good theory, but can't duplicate it on mine. However, I do get the occasional freeze on my camera. I'll try to pay closer attention the next time it happens and post back.

Musky likes this.
  3. Doitle

Doitle Active Member

I just tested it. Mine definitely freezes the same in horizontal or vertical orientation.

Musky likes this.
  4. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

anyone else getting the camera app crashing issue? If you take a picture zoomed in then when it goes back to active camera or you click the top icon in the picture it just took to go back to the active camera, if you don't wait 30-45 seconds before taking a picture it will crash the app.

5. rasmith18

rasmith18 Active Member

I was getting the freezing camera, but it was really random. I called CS to complain about that and the fact that there is already dust under my screen. She made me do a hard reset, and while I could not make it crash again on the phone, I told her it was. I was more concerned about the dust under the screen already. She said the camera was defective and is sending me a replacement. Ill let you know if they new one does it also.