**UPDATE on 3/18 2.1 Release**

Last Updated:

1. Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

**UPDATE on 3/18 2.1 Release**

As we move through the day more information begins to trickle in. The latest report comes from Phone Scoop. They were contacted via email by Spokesperson Thomas Pica. Here's the latest:

In response to reports that Verizon Wireless had suddenly delayed its planned roll-out of the Android 2.1 update for the Motorola Droid, Verizon reached out to Phone Scoop. Spokesperson Thomas Pica said in an email, "The Android 2.1 upgrade for the Droid by Motorola was deployed to a small number of Verizon Wireless test users as scheduled. It is expected the broader phased rollout to all Droid by Motorola users will take place, but not just yet. No date scheduled yet." This message is essentially the same as the one provided yesterday by Verizon Wireless. Users should not expect their devices to update today or at any time during the next several days.
    Verizon Clarifies Android 2.1 Update for Droid (Phone Scoop)

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

Advertisement
    Xomox and kokiangel like this.
  2. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Added a sticky for now... will remove in the coming days.

Kitesurfer likes this.
  3. dren

dren Well-Known Member

sooo they did release it... aka to people who wouldn't leak the update or to vzw employees lol

4. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

my phone is on an employee account, and I can guarantee you neither of the Droids on this account have received the OTA.

5. htowngtr

htowngtr Well-Known Member

lol

welcome to vzw

your update will come many, many months after other newer updates have long since happened

6. screamster

screamster Well-Known Member

7. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

I'm looking back at the news that we were actually given from Verizon and Motorola. Verizon released a PDF with the update info and Matt, from the Moto support forums, sent out a message on Thursday and all it said was that the update was going out to a small amount of testers and it would be sent to the general public "shortly" thereafter.

Anyone know when we started thinking that a larger rollout would be started yesterday?

8. modestrock

modestrock Member

It was saying that 1,000 would get it at noon then 200,000 at 11:59PM then 200,000 batches at a time.

9. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

One of my personal favorite quotes! Thanks for the chuckle! :D

10. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

This 2.1 nonsense is getting to be just about all I can take. It will be released, it won't be released, it will be, it won't be give me a break! Never have I seen two companies so reluctant to support their most popular device to date, especially with working builds out in the wild. Unbelievable. Fortunately I have my phone rooted and running at 1ghz, with wifi tether and multitouch. These features alone make me reluctant to switch to the official version of 2.1, especially if Google and Moto can't get their act together.

11. dren

dren Well-Known Member

You know what is unbeleivable? All the people complaining... lol

12. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Removed sticky..