• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update on rebooting problem

Anyone with rebooting problems.....could ya try something when ya get a chance?

I turned my network off and just stayed in Airplane mode....no problems, no reboots.

Is there someone that has a real problem area where they go and it reboots all the time? When you get a chance, could you try putting it in airplane mode and see what happens? Obviously it'd be best if someone has a place where it's rebooting every 5 or 10 minutes or something so you're not sitting around too long.

I figure it we can get people doing that, that's more confirmation it's their network and not our phones and maybe it can be proof to get more action taken?

Upvote 0
LOL great man!!!
Sounds like they need to upgrade the firmware in their towers. lol Only half joking really, wonder how old the towers are compared to other places.

I called back again today and thankfully got someone who wanted to listen to what I had to say.

I put the phone on airplane mode yesterday and last night and no reboots. So he started looking and found the towers/network/switching in my area is the same in NC where they were having problems.

Says they're going to send someone out to do some tests in my area and check things out and should be calling me back in the next 48 hours.

I hope to hell they find something. Then maybe I can get them to make a nationwide note in their system and other people that are having reboots in a specific location can get some help.

Upvote 0
No network tower issue should cause any phone to reboot. I also have the voice quality issue as well. Hopefully, the new OTA update will fix these issues. If not, I will request a replacement. I had Verizon note my account that I could get a replacement after 30 days and I also have the warranty that I pay for monthly.

Upvote 0
Yea he made a note on my account that I could get the Droid X at any time. Because I said well what if the froyo doesn't come out until november or something? He said it wouldn't be a problem because it's a known issue. So I'm not panicking too much now over it...just want the update.

Upvote 0
Its bull that they are saying it is an app. I have had the same problem with my phone. (I’m from the NY/NJ area) I'm now waiting for my second replacement phone. When I got the first replacement I didn’t install any apps for the first 3 days and it reboot 8 times within those 3 days. I live in an area with really good cell phone reception so I don’t think that is the problem.

They really need to figure out what the problem is with this phone. Communication between HTC and Verizon drastically needs to improve in order to fix this problem.

Upvote 0
The guy I talked to confirmed there was a tower/network switching problem in NC and that's what all the problems were down there. He put me on hold for like 10 minutes to look into it and came back saying it looks like our switching deal is the same as it was in NC.

I don't know why it only affects the Incredible. Must be some little thing HTC did, but it's odd it's only that model ya know?

Either way, he said my area had the same problem as NC, so it's probably a nation wide thing that would be affected anywhere if they have that switching deal.

So...at least it seems like it's being acknowledged now and they got an idea of where to start.

Mine also doesn't seem to do it if it's being charged. For example, my wife just worked 5 days straight of 9 to 9...so she'd get home at 9:30, put the phone on the charger for the night and take it off in the morning for work. Phone never rebooted in those 5 days. First day she had off, phone wasn't on the charger, had a couple of reboots.

So it's like whatever is causing it sucks so much power so quick that it reboots itself to protect itself.

Upvote 0
My incredible has been working very well since June, and had manually synched to my outlook calendar and contacts using the htc sync software. Last night there was a random re-boot and now the synch will not occur, despite 2 hours on the phone with HTC tech support. The phone was reset and the synch software was deleted and re-installed. Even on those rare occasions when the phone can connect to the PC (fresh quad processor, win 7) there is an error message that the session has "timed out". Tech support could not find any information on the "timed out issue". Any suggestions, beside crushing the phone?

Thanks.

Joethelawyer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones