1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Update on the Official Phandroid Application

Last Updated:

1. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

This app is great! I love how it has all my favorites in one place. No lag either. I'm impressed and now I'll be visiting the forums more often again. Thanks to all involved in making this app!

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

You should have seen the UI in the closed beta...not as a pretty sight, lol.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

Ive posted a few times from the app and it works awesome...thanks for all the hard work of everyone involved.
  4. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

Testing a post from the app.
    Seems to have no issues so far. Hooray for that.
  5. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a way to use a signature with this app? You know ala "Sent from my Android Phone via Tapatalk Pro"?
  6. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

OMG!! This is awesome!!! I just downloaded it, wow! It is really great! Will uninstall tomorrow and definitely download...Thank you for making the forum mobile accessible for us...Thank you :)
  7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Ok, thanks. I can see that a lot of work.has gone into the app.

Are there any plans to make it theme-able?

To be honest the only reason for me to use it is for a white on black theme
  8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

The app has had three different themes for thread lists in the last week alone :D

But it's definitely looking better than it used to.
  9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

+1
  10. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

It like this more and more every time I use it! Pinch zoom works very smoothly, though I'd like a menu option to set the default zoom on start up. A signature would also be great - [Sent from the Phandroid Android App, or similar] - and would promote the app on the forums.
  11. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Wow!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Kudos to all who put hard work and effort into this app... Look and works great on Samsung Tab!
  12. NightAngel79

You have the galaxy tab? I HATE YOU! LOL

Are we in the market yet?
  13. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I'm jealous too. I used one at Best Buy the other day and now I want one. Problem is now that I'm done with campus classes I don't see the need for one.
  14. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

The time has come! The new Phandroid (beta) application is now available in the Market.

Name: Phandroid
    Publisher: Phandroid.com
    This will be an update to the existing "Phandroid News" application. (And the release you got yesterday)

[market]phandroid[/market]​

Please bear in mind this is a beta build. Also.. the UI will get a makeover in the future.

Rob will make an official announcement in the coming days on Phandroid.com, but for now here are a couple notes from myself:

- There are two widgets included. On the news widget you can tap the article icon to cycle through articles. Tap article name to read it.
    - You can adjust the updating interval of the widgets in the preferences.
    - You can star news articles and then use the built in filter to view them later.
    - When in the forum portion of the application, press your menu key and log in. You will then be notified of private messages, be able to view your subscribed threads, and have access to other forums you may have rights too, etc. You can turn off PM notifications in the preferences.
    - When in the IRC Chat room you will be notified of conversation in your notification bar as well. Please be polite. I do not want to have to turn it into a moderated chat environment. We will if we need to, though, and that will be much less fun.

Again, stay tuned for Rob's official announcement. Hope you enjoy!
    varungnath, phatbass, Sombre and 16 others like this.
  15. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

That QC code just goes to a web search of Phandroid, not the app itself. Didn't know if you planned it that way or not, but I scanned it thinking it would take me right to the app.

Just downloaded it, we'll see how it goes :)
  16. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Oops, fixed - thanks!
  17. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Sent from my official downloaded Android Market version of Phandroid :)
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  18. raqball

Thanks.... I LOVE the Tab....

Uninstalled the previously linked .apk and installed from market! :)

Pure awesome'ness
  19. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Got it and today this version is much snappier than the apk Rob posted. Thanks a million guys looking forward to the new UI too when it drops
  20. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Awesome :)
  21. NightAngel79

I am under the assumption that this is the exact same build as the apk rob put up yesterday???
  22. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

No its special!

Posted with my evo.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  23. raqball

Just upgraded to Premium as my way of saying thank you for the awesome app.!!!!
  24. saps

saps Well-Known Member

And it very well may be. This is just a lot faster today for me. However one question. I can't seem to get out of a thread once I post in it? There is no menu options that I can find to get out of a thread other than the back button. Am I missing something?
  25. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

@raqball - thanks a billion buddy. that's much appreciated. while you're VIP and all, why don't you scoot over to the Staff/VIP section where there is a beta of another app you may be interested in testing out ;)
    jradicle11 likes this.