• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update on the Official Phandroid Application

It like this more and more every time I use it! Pinch zoom works very smoothly, though I'd like a menu option to set the default zoom on start up. A signature would also be great - [Sent from the Phandroid Android App, or similar] - and would promote the app on the forums.

You have the galaxy tab? I HATE YOU! LOL

Are we in the market yet?

I'm jealous too. I used one at Best Buy the other day and now I want one. Problem is now that I'm done with campus classes I don't see the need for one.

Upvote 0
The time has come! The new Phandroid (beta) application is now available in the Market.

Name: Phandroid
Publisher: Phandroid.com
This will be an update to the existing "Phandroid News" application. (And the release you got yesterday)

[market]phandroid[/market]​

Please bear in mind this is a beta build. Also.. the UI will get a makeover in the future.

Rob will make an official announcement in the coming days on Phandroid.com, but for now here are a couple notes from myself:

- There are two widgets included. On the news widget you can tap the article icon to cycle through articles. Tap article name to read it.
- You can adjust the updating interval of the widgets in the preferences.
- You can star news articles and then use the built in filter to view them later.
- When in the forum portion of the application, press your menu key and log in. You will then be notified of private messages, be able to view your subscribed threads, and have access to other forums you may have rights too, etc. You can turn off PM notifications in the preferences.
- When in the IRC Chat room you will be notified of conversation in your notification bar as well. Please be polite. I do not want to have to turn it into a moderated chat environment. We will if we need to, though, and that will be much less fun.

Again, stay tuned for Rob's official announcement. Hope you enjoy!

Upvote 0
I am under the assumption that this is the exact same build as the apk rob put up yesterday???

And it very well may be. This is just a lot faster today for me. However one question. I can't seem to get out of a thread once I post in it? There is no menu options that I can find to get out of a thread other than the back button. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones