• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update on the Official Phandroid Application

I can't seem to get out of a thread once I post in it? There is no menu options that I can find to get out of a thread other than the back button. Am I missing something?
Once you submit a post, it should take you back to the menu forum that the thread was in. I haven't played with the market version but all previous versions were like that. To get out of a thread, you press the back button.

Upvote 0
Once you submit a post, it should take you back to the menu forum that the thread was in. I haven't played with the market version but all previous versions were like that. To get out of a thread, you press the back button.
No, not exactly. After I make a post Im still within the thread but I can see my post like we can all on full html. Hitting the back button once then does take me back to the menu for the forum but it does not show the last post I just made. That is, the menu looks exactly the same as did it prior to me entering the thread to make the previous post; as if I didnt just drop a post in said thread.

Upvote 0
No, not exactly. After I make a post Im still within the thread but I can see my post like we can all on full html. Hitting the back button once then does take me back to the menu for the forum but it does not show the last post I just made. That is, the menu looks exactly the same as did it prior to me entering the thread to make the previous post; as if I didnt just drop a post in said thread.

Yes, I find that it doesn't refresh the forum view after posting a reply and it has to be done manually

Upvote 0

It does leave you in thread after you post. Only way is the back button, then a manual refresh is needed. While not a major pain, I would like to see this tweaked in upcoming versions.

Upvote 0
It does leave you in thread after you post. Only way is the back button, then a manual refresh is needed. While not a major pain, I would like to see this tweaked in upcoming versions.
Yeah thats all I was trying to say I see its a universal issue. The app is very appreciated of course Im not trying to come off as an ingrate. Just a polite suggested revision for next time :)

Upvote 0
interesting...
Yeah thats all I was trying to say I see its a universal issue. The app is very appreciated of course Im not trying to come off as an ingrate. Just a polite suggested revision for next time :)
I think Rob and the developer appreciate suggestions and feedback. It's still a beta app, which means there's a lot of room for improvements ;)

Upvote 0
It works for me. Which ones are you trying to add?

You can also do it via the favourite sections box on the main page of the forum, that's where it's drawing it from.

Well maybe thats the problem then...maybe im not in the right spot or doing it right...im trying to add a section of the forum as a favorite...so like the mytouchslide section. I subscribe to the forum, but would like to ad it to my favorites.

So am doing that wrong??

EDIT: I literally just figured it out...thanks...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones