Update on the Official Phandroid Application

1. Alakar

Alakar New Member

I'm having a big issue with the new app. I click on "News", it goes to the news page, shows it's updating and all I get is a blank screen. Doesn't matter if I'm on 3G or Wifi. This is on a stock T-Mobile Vibrant. The widget seems to be hit or miss on whether it displays any articles. Sometimes I get a message on the widget saying "No News". If I keyword search, I get news articles but not on the news page. Everything else seems to work okay. Anybody else having problems like this?
  2. benifactor

benifactor Active Member

The chat says I need to verify via sasl. What is this?
  3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Same here, Droid X. Up till now everything has worked fine.

I went into News after reading this, and it loaded up, but only showing the Nook article for today. I knew there were more of course, so I refreshed - blank screen.

Search works.
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yes, confirmed .. blank screen for news...

2 small suggestions:
    1. i think post # should be added. sometimes I need to scroll up...but no way to find where I was before.

2. thread title.. i wonder if there is a way you can make it easier to quickly remind the reader which thread they are in... without having to scroll all the way back up or leave the thread?
  5. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

I agre with the name of the thread...like a way to have a scrolling header with the name of the thread...???
  6. nycguy1128

nycguy1128 New Member

Same problem here, using DInc. Blank news page. I can search and open up articles from the search results fine. Forum tab works fine. Just updated the app today. Tried re-installing but its a no go.
  7. lava9611

lava9611 Active Member

It was working up until a couple of hours ago. I am having withdrawls from my lack of Phandroid updates :)

Love the new app by the way!
  8. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

News is down for me too. :(
  9. benifactor

benifactor Active Member

News is blank for me too. Can someone please tell me why the chat wont work? It wont connect. Says I need to verify SASL.
  10. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Chat and forums are working for me, just news is borked...
  11. benifactor

benifactor Active Member

Forum works great. Chat hasn't worked since I installed. News broke a few hours ago.
  12. trav2001

Im still working fine on all 3
  13. compuguy

compuguy Member

Having the same exact issue as well. Samsung Vibrant, running Nero beta 3 (based on jl1, froyo).
  14. briankeith513

briankeith513 Well-Known Member

Yep, same issue on my Droid X.
  15. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I have noticed since using this app, instead of using 20% of battery (browsing this forum) on the way to work, I am now using only 15% which is great. Assume this is due to a lower data download size as its not loading whole pages when posting a response.

However, I would LOVE a pure black background option. On OLED based phones, this would save huge amounts of battery as pure black translates to those pixels actually being off.

Is there any chance please?
  16. ttdub

ttdub Active Member

News not working here either
  17. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

+1 for dark theme

My News was working and updating until I did a manual refresh from the Menu option, now it's just a while screen.
  18. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Ok, those of you reporting trouble with the News section, try it again please.
  19. nycguy1128

nycguy1128 New Member

News is working for me now. Love the new app!
  20. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

News is working again :)
  21. briankeith513

briankeith513 Well-Known Member

News is working again.
  22. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

news is working...

+1 for the dark theme. because I like to read news at night before bed.. the lights are off... dark theme is much easier on the eyes in the dark. and may save power consumption
  23. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Another function I would like is to.have an option to disable trackball scrolling between tabs. I find that I inadvertently change tabs with the optical trackball when passing it to back out of a forum using the back button. Maybe this is more desire specific but happy to only select tabs using capacitive
  24. trav2001

Another +1 for dark theme
  25. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator