Update on Wet Phone...

Last Updated:

1. jlhopwo

jlhopwo Active Member This Topic's Starter

here's an update on my thread here that was locked for some unknown reason: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/132975-wet-phone-insurance-best-bet.html

So I put it back in the rice overnight last night. This morning, the two imperfections in the screen noted yesterday are gone.

So far, the other glitch, which is that it would occasionally, when unlocking (swiping down), blank out on me, and I'd have to re-hit the power button and swipe down again, so far hasn't happened.

No obvious signs, internally or externally, that it hit the water.

On the iPhone (at least my wife's 3GS), there is an indicator for water damage. If you look straight down into the 3.5mm jack, you can see a white disk. That disk turns pink when exposed to the H2O. Is there also an indicator that can be checked on the Evo 4G?

Advertisement
  2. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

3. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your fully functional. As far as the moisture indicators there are several on the evo. There are some tear downs of the evo that show where they all are.

4. jlhopwo

jlhopwo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yep, the one on the battery, and the one on the bottom of the phone (right hand side) are both pink.

5. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

i would surmise that the thread was closed as you had stated that you had already started proceedings with your insurance company for a claim.

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Well, I am really glad to hear that your Evo is fully functional! That is the main thing, after all.:)