• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UPDATE optimus M prl Using QPST

THanks for this finding!!
I'm in Irving, TX. I did a couple speed tests before updating (1x) and got this as average:
Down: 150kbps
Up:150kbps
Ping:1132ms
And full bars for phone coverage.
After updating, immediately picked up 3g, but one small line of phone coverage. the results of a couple of tests:
down:150
up:100
ping:360ms

As you can see, I only got noticeable improvements in ping, while loosing phone coverage... I just tried this here, not sure if other areas will have a different result, but I'm going back to 3019.

Upvote 0
THanks for this finding!!
I'm in Irving, TX. I did a couple speed tests before updating (1x) and got this as average:
Down: 150kbps
Up:150kbps
Ping:1132ms
And full bars for phone coverage.
After updating, immediately picked up 3g, but one small line of phone coverage. the results of a couple of tests:
down:150
up:100
ping:360ms

As you can see, I only got noticeable improvements in ping, while loosing phone coverage... I just tried this here, not sure if other areas will have a different result, but I'm going back to 3019.

you can switch between evdo only and cdma only using LTEonoff from marketplace

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to get the recovery mode or an actual fastboot mode with key combos for LG Optimus M? Likewise, does anyone know how to do the type of thing described above from a Mac? Likewise, I keep seeing requirements for USB debugging mode and root and stuff, but that's not possible without an OS on the phone. I'm trying to put an OS on an LG Optimus M without Windows and without an OS on the phone. Thanks,
Sean

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to get the recovery mode or an actual fastboot mode with key combos for LG Optimus M? Likewise, does anyone know how to do the type of thing described above from a Mac? Likewise, I keep seeing requirements for USB debugging mode and root and stuff, but that's not possible without an OS on the phone. I'm trying to put an OS on an LG Optimus M without Windows and without an OS on the phone. Thanks,
Sean

Power + volume down + home
Flash an OS our try mounting USB through recovery.

Upvote 0
Sean
The key combo was told so I wont but you can not run lgnpst without windows, you could however run a virtual enviorment, or boot camp and windows. Those are the best options I got for you.

I have been trying to root my optimus for months and it won't work, how much and where do you live?
hey if you need more direct assistance I could help you through remote control software, google team viewer and pm me if you would like to try.
It never asks for svc code when i hit write.
I update to 3022 and still cannot get 3g in areas i had it with another phone
it always asks for spc however if you changed it to all 000's it is set there by default.

As to no signal that sounds strange, unless you got a phone with a bad internal antenna.:thinking:

Upvote 0
When I enter service programming it asks for code.When i click write it does not. But my prl is 3022 now.so it Did it. I get service fine. But no 3g service when I switch to it.I used wiggle and checked the tower. Its only 1x.I used yo get 3g
if you entered the code when you went into service programming you dont need to enter it a second time to write it.
every program is different though I am sure on some you would.

Upvote 0
Finally had to learn and make use of this - was backdown to 1x:( (after having 3G for couple months w no problems) - this tutorial helped greatly - was very easy to use and understand. Thanks soo much ~whew~ as it felt good to finally see 3G again

Was wondering if anybody had their computer/laptop freeze or reboot after last step, "write to phone" using this Tut. The 2xs I did this, my computer froze and I'd have to reboot, but all's good :)

Upvote 0
Would be great......If you could create another Beautiful Screenshot tutorial with the instructions on:
-How to Get a .prl off your phone- :)

I wll Definitely be linking back to your instructions when people need help:cool:

============
1. Make sure USB Debugging on phone is enabled,

2. Download USB driver and install on your computer
3. Download and install qpst 2.7
4. Connect phone to computer
5. Open device manager expand ports and make note of what com port your USB device is on

Load QPST, under Start Clients menu, select "Service Programming".
Click Read from Phone and enter MSL/Spc code (000000).
Then Save to file.(This will save a .qcn and .rl0 file)

( Your Spc code can be obtained by putting your phones MEID either here
http://www.meidconverter.com/ or http://www.checkesnfree.com/ )

Then In QPST, under Start Clients menu, select "RL Editor".
In RL Editor, load your .rl0 file. Go to File, Save As... make sure the type is *.prl and enter a file name.
============

Upvote 0
Would be great......If you could create another Beautiful Screenshot tutorial with the instructions on:
-How to Get a .prl off your phone- :)

I wll Definitely be linking back to your instructions when people need help:cool:

============
1. Make sure USB Debugging on phone is enabled,

2. Download USB driver and install on your computer
3. Download and install qpst 2.7
4. Connect phone to computer
5. Open device manager expand ports and make note of what com port your USB device is on

Load QPST, under Start Clients menu, select "Service Programming".
Click Read from Phone and enter MSL/Spc code (000000).
Then Save to file.(This will save a .qcn and .rl0 file)

( Your Spc code can be obtained by putting your phones MEID either here
http://www.meidconverter.com/ or http://www.checkesnfree.com/ )

Then In QPST, under Start Clients menu, select "RL Editor".
In RL Editor, load your .rl0 file. Go to File, Save As... make sure the type is *.prl and enter a file name.
============

For sure ill work on the screens and give u a heads up when im done! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones