6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Wait

23 vote(s)
    79.3%

Last Updated:

1. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an update to use anytime I want, but as of now I have the Moto Droid and I'm quite happy with it. My question is, should I update to the Droid X or wait for this beast?

Right now I'm leaning towards waiting since I'm happy with the Droid. I'm also going to try and get a free upgrade since a few of my buttons are screwy, but this is assuming that doesn't work.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I voted wait - the X is looking like an awesome phone, but my NE2 will be in 2011, and by then even the X will look old in comparison to what is out then.

3. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I voted wait because until the Droid X is rooted I'm not interested in it. I know a lot of people say that it will be rooted eventually, tell that to Droid Eris owners.

4. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

I vote wait. The X looks great and a 1ghz OMAP processor using 45nm is going to be beast (can't imagine it overclocked) however until it is rooted I would still go with a Droid. By the time it is rooted, and dev support has grown for the device, that 2ghz beast might just be on its way. Plus, it runs MotoBlur which was a terrible idea. It will most likely make it more difficult for ROM developers and possibly delay OTA updates much the same way sense UI does.

5. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any reason someone voted to update? Just curious.

I think I've decided to keep my Droid. I'm a pretty patient person, and I know if I use my update now I'll want to kick my own ass this winter when the beast phone comes out.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Im with you. Its going to be a really hard phone to resist when it gets rooted. Cant wait to see how fast people can OC that 1ghz omap to.

7. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

To bad the X doesn't have a keyboard.

8. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Well, I'm in a different boat. I have 3 eligible upgrades, so I'm getting the X. My mom won't ever use her upgrade, so if the 2GHz monster comes out, I might get that too :)

The 45nm OMAP is nice, but its stock performance can probably be reached by an OC'd Droid. What I'm looking forward to is the 512MB of RAM. NO MORE LAUNCHER PRO REDRAWS.

Also, btw, the X may already be rooted:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/107561-rooted-already.html