Update past 2.2.2?

1. Jake Altman

Jake Altman Active Member

So ive been having fun with my optimus m 2.2.2 flashing mods and rooting it and attemptimg to overclock but now I want to do something new, manual update. I believe the most recent os is 4.1.2 as of oct. 8 or 9th so wondering if its possible to manually update my optimus from 2.2.2 to a higher version, preferably 4.anything, will settle for 2.3.1. Step by step no matter how long the process, please.

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

currently only up to 2.3.7
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

As sammyz said, only Gingerbread 2.3.7; and that's done by flashing a CM7 ROM. If you want stock, 2.2.2 is the highest for the OM.
  4. Jake Altman

Oh, well I feel silly, so it's possible to take the optimus to 2.3.7? It wont brick my phone when flashing the ROM will it? Also, what would be the benefits going from 2.2.2 to 2.3.7?
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

you would have to look in the all things root subsection. your phone must be rooted to flash a rom. discussions about rooting will be moved to the All Things Root subforum by a mod or guide. if you want to root, i'll ask a mod/guide to move this thread. :)

There is a reason that discussions about root is moved to the all things root subforum. :)
  6. Jake Altman

Can someone move me to the all things root section, plz. Also, can someone give me a link to a ROM that has an update past 2.2.2 for the optimus m, plz and thank you.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Heres the ROM: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4089869

for custom recovery you need to install ROM Manager. Then flash recovery and choose LG Optimus C. Do this on WiFi and do it twice.
    scary alien likes this.
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Done! :)

And kudos and thanks to sammyz for the kind heads-up and link he provided :).
    sammyz likes this.
  9. AndroidMoo

AndroidMoo Well-Known Member

Ignore this
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

i would not reccomend posting that on this thread.....the guy in OP hasnt even flashed recovery yet....