• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update past 2.2.2?

Jake Altman

Oct 16, 2012
So ive been having fun with my optimus m 2.2.2 flashing mods and rooting it and attemptimg to overclock but now I want to do something new, manual update. I believe the most recent os is 4.1.2 as of oct. 8 or 9th so wondering if its possible to manually update my optimus from 2.2.2 to a higher version, preferably 4.anything, will settle for 2.3.1. Step by step no matter how long the process, please.

Oh, well I feel silly, so it's possible to take the optimus to 2.3.7? It wont brick my phone when flashing the ROM will it? Also, what would be the benefits going from 2.2.2 to 2.3.7?

you would have to look in the all things root subsection. your phone must be rooted to flash a rom. discussions about rooting will be moved to the All Things Root subforum by a mod or guide. if you want to root, i'll ask a mod/guide to move this thread. :)

There is a reason that discussions about root is moved to the all things root subforum. :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones