• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update prob

khos123

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Hi everyone, Asking for help, I had a working 2.3 update on my phone, I decided to try install a mod, somehow I messed it up. I have the clockwork mod installed so am able to see zip such oxygen2.3.2-u8800.zip and others. if I try to install those it goes through those without error but then it loops in rebooting.... I tried to update again using U8800V100R001C00B518G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread).zip, and that does not help at all. When I try update with U8800V100R001C00B518G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread).zip it shows the update screen but the progressbar does not move at all. I have clear the various cashes using clockwork. Has anyone got advise fir me, I cannot get my phone working.... Thanks

Hi khos123, Have you tried doing a Factory Reset to clear everything and start again?

Take out the battery.
Re-install battery (make sure sure battery is charged up)
Hold Vol + and Power buttons simultaneously.
Now you're in the Android Recovery screen
Scroll down using the Vol - to wipe data/factory reset
Select this with the Power Button
Confirm wipe data
Once it goes back to Android Recovery screen - select Re-boot
Now it will boot up like the first time you received the phone as new.

Hope this gets you working again. Neil.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones